Move directly to next event after view/delete

Hi,
Here is a suggestion that would benefit both the user, and Wyze’s overhead storage cost.
When deleting a 12 second ‘cloud’ clip, push me to the next clip, instead of bringing me back to the events menu every single time.
Example:
I have a WyzeCam pointed at my driveway, and I like to quickly go through the events in the morning, to make sure nobody was up to no good overnight. Most of the clips are nothing (bugs, cars etc), it becomes tedious clicking the clip, going back to the events menu every 12 seconds. If you just pushed me to the next clip, I could delete more of the garbage, freeing up server space for Wyze.
For bonus points: merge all of the clips together (with a per-camera option) into one seamless video to view, and add a big ‘delete all’ button at the end.

Thanks!

Do like people do on the dating apps. Swipe left or swipe right.

3 Likes

sometime far in the future ( plenty of much better stuff to work on) it would be awesome to have a choice to automatically play the next video (chronologically recorded using the time kept in the camera) when you are reviewing clips.

for instance I have numerous cameras facing outside. when someone walks by they will pass in front of 2-4 of my cameras or sensors. I love having the ability to see what they were doing on their adventures.

last month I had a guy that liked to walk by my house around 2am. and each time he stepped down the sidewalk he would stop in one area and stare at my house…I never figured out what he was doing….

every time he walked from one camera view to the next I would have to exit one camera and enter another. ( the current setup)

It would just be a cool feature to have it so that if he entered the frame of one camera at 0205 and exited that cameras view, the next camera to detect motion would automatically start playing the next chronological clip, say at 0206. this way you can more or less track motion through a given set of cameras.it would make reviewing clips much easier as well. or even tracking pets in your house to see where their nose leads them.

and as I said this could be a choice option that you could disable and still view individual cameras for review like we have them now. that way people are given YET ANOTHER option as wyze is good at doing. ( see RTSP, IR lights ect….)

I think I am explaining this hairbrained scheme ok…but if you have any questions or need clarification, I understand :face_with_monocle:

Add Auto Play next event in events viewer

When looking at event recordings. Can I have the viewer auto advance to the next recording? I seem to have to go back to the list then click on the next one. Auto advance would make it easier.

I asked Wyze support this and the reply follows. That is why this post is here.
Jun 24, 2022, 11:54 AM PDT

We appreciate you for getting back to us.

I understand the difficulty in viewing event recordings however, as of the moment, the feature that you want is not yet available however, that is a very great suggestion! We appreciate you for sharing, I’ll let our product team know, however the best way to get ideas on our official Wishlist is through our forums where users can post and vote for feature requests.

Our product team provides public updates as ideas and requests are reviewed. Take a look and post your idea or vote for similar ones so we have better visibility.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

You can swipe to the left and right when viewing the event to switch to the next recording.

2 Likes