Move cam2

Yes, but we’re trying to find out what part of the instructions made you think that. Was it the included instructions that weren’t clear, or was it from the support page? Wyze is trying to make sure people don’t get confused.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022501071-Wyze-Cam-Setup-Mounting

2 Likes

If you are viewing a camera’s live view, tap the < button at the top of the screen to return to the home screen, and then you’ll see this at the bottom:

1 Like

I believe it was the set up instructions given by the app once you received the prompt from the cam.

I don’t have the instructions that came with the camera anymore but I don’t believe that covered what device does the scanning either.

Guy

1 Like

Got it.

Thank you

Guy

1 Like

With both sound and motion events selected, does the camera only record those events and keep for 14 days and nothing else if there is nothing else happening?

And what is recorded on the SD card? Only motion and sound events too?

Thanks so much for your help.

Guy

Please hop over to the Support pages (link at top right). There’s lots of info there. If you still have questions, come on back with them.

1 Like

I don’t see any link

Guy

In the black bar at the top right of every forum page is the word Support. Or click here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/

2 Likes

New question?

I tried to access my WebCam from outside my network both in a restaurant Wi-Fi as well as off Wi-Fi and I cannot connect see below:

Guy

It could be your network speed. What is your download and upload speed from your ISP?

Nope! Followed The below instructions and now it works!

Guy

2 Likes

So, what worked?
Power cycling the camera?
You already said you tried with and without WiFi.

Delete and reload the app.
As well as power cycling camera.

Basically go thru set up process again but I think mostly the app reloading.

Now works off line

That’s good info because deleting and reloading the app isn’t part of the troubleshooting you posted.

Yes it was!
“Force close the app” was first in All 3 steps.

Guy

Force close doesn’t mean delete and reinstall.

OK

then what does it mean?

Guy

All it means is it shutdowns the application. I think you were right but the terminology is mixed up. No reason to debate about it though as it is working. I am glad you got it working!

It’s good to know this as you may need it in the future for any app.
It’s easier than reinstalling an app and setting everything up again.

Here are the steps to force close an app on iPhone 8 or earlier;

• Double click the Home button to bring up the fast app switcher.
  • Navigate to the app you want to quit.
  • Force close by swiping it up and off the screen.

It’s referred to as force close because phones/tablets don’t actually close an app when you’re done with it. They just hide it in the background so it starts faster the next time you want to use it.
The downside is, sometimes you need to actually restart an app to get it working right again.

1 Like

I knew that but that just reopened the same version. When I deleted it it downloaded a latest version of the app different than the one I had.

Anyhow live and learn

Guy