Motion tracking minus ceiling fan

Let’s go back to basic requirements and I am going to make a couple of guesses, so forgive me.

1. You are really not looking for accurate “motion detection” for alerting purposes.

2. You are looking for motion tracking, not detection. Come to think of it, that’s already in your thread title. I misunderstood.

3. You are not even trying to record.

4. You are hoping the Pan Cam will successfully follow your child around live to better monitor her.

If those are all true I would suggest just locking the camera position when using the camera in that room, or trying a V2 or other camera with a wider field of view. I don’t see another way this could work, short of some kind of Bluetooth tracker you attach to her.

Or just getting a second static V2 to watch the room from another angle, without needing the motion tracking.

Good luck.

Edit: one other obvious solution. Turn off the ceiling fan and put in a tower fan instead - no visible motion.

1 Like

You can change the ‘at rest’ position by setting 1 waypoint in the Pan Scan settings under Advanced Settings → Motor Controls. I think you’ll have to turn Pan Scan on also.

A V2 would fix the problem but doesn’t follow motion at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the new outdoor camera at least uses PIR so that would eliminate it picking up the fan rotation

It also doesn’t track motion so the V2 would be an easier solution if that’s the way he wants to go.

It seems that a couple of V2 cameras strategically placed might serve you better.

True, the camera doesn’t physically move but the green box should lock on her and follow her movements

That’s motion tagging. It’s motion tracking that he is using.

I think motion tracking is only available on the pan camera I think it might be good to just use his motion tagging and it will surround whatever is moving with that green box

He wants to follow the child.

Well then… I wonder what the area he needs to observe is shaped like… Maybe 2 V2’s would better serve him

Can you try a different location for the camera. Maybe closer to the fan that way it will be a lot higher instead of on the other side of the room where the fan can be seen in any part of the image.