Motion sensor to turn new LED light on and then off after a preset time

motion sensor for LED bulbs

We have Wyze Sense available with a motion sensor! We’re also getting close to launching Wyze Bulbs that integrate with Wyze Sense and are LED. :slight_smile:

Could you please tell us more about what you’re looking for with the timing on this one?

1 Like

Gwendolyn,
I would like to be able to set a time schedule to turn on or off the sense motion sensor. The automation to turn on off the wyze bulb is turning the bulb on during daytime, based on the motion sensor. This is not useful.

1 Like

Can I please confirm if the motion sensor can be used to turn Wyze lights on?

I am planning on installing Wyze lights on our landing combined with a wyze motion sensor to turn them on for instance if you are to go to the bathroom at night.

If so can you have it turn specific lights on or would all Wyze lights go on for instance in the living room as well?

Have you checked out the Wyze-Bulb support pages? I believe you may find what you’re looking for there. :slight_smile:

The bulbs would be a great add to the security of the home if they had a motion sensor. Also that would be useful when you walk into a room if the bulb came on

Any update on ability to disable the motion sensor turning on the lamp during daytime? Or disabling the lamp during daytime? Anyways I don’t want my lights to turn on during the day.

We are working on conditional Rules that will allow you to set end times over the course of the day but I don’t know when it will be ready yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m missing it, but I’d like to trigger a Wyze Plug (or bulb) to turn on for a specific amount of time upon camera movement or sensor detection and then turn off again. I’ve tried using IFTTT but it has not been reliable for any of my programs. I understand that this could result in a vicious loop if lights turn off after 30 minutes and trigger a motion event again, but I’d hope there could be some method of ignoring the motion triggered as a result of a planned event.