Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense

Definitely one of my top requests and similar to autosteve, I share the concern that they will dodge this request in an attempt to lock in their users. These sensors are certainly neat for the price but having to set up all my Hue integrations through SmartThings and IFTTT workarounds makes it seem like they’re not really worth it (mainly because IFTTT delay can range from 2 to 20 seconds). If they do Alexa integration, I would be way more invested into the sensors and purchase them for throughout my house. I also know a few people with Alexas and Hues who I may be able to convince to finally invest in Wyze products if it worked smoothly. As of now, they always call me out on my hallway lights coming on after they’ve already walked through the hallway :roll_eyes:

Also, I’ve never posted a new post on here but is it possible to edit the title of the wish to be “Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense” or something that is more clear this references the Sense devices? When I first saw the title, thought it’d be about the camera (which would also be cool) but I don’t know if that would increase the number of hits from people searching for the same thing (and maybe get us closer to fruition)

1 Like

DannyBoi, It appears that you can edit replies but I don’t see a way to edit my initial post. I agree that there are additional threads that are basically the same requests and that individually they don’t reflect the true interest in this feature. Hopefully the moderators are paying attention.

This would absolutely change the game for Wyze!! Need Alexa to tell me when there’s motion!! I can do it with ring and smart things.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried, however, can’t this be done already?

1. Create a virtual sensor in smartthings
  2. Create 2 triggers in IFTTT (one when detects motion switch on and likewise for off)
  3. Have IFTTT trigger the state of the motion sensor to react with the new virtual sensor.(Motion on = switch on/ Motion off = switch off)
  4. Add the new virtual sensor to HALexa authorized devices.
  5. Create an HALexa routine based on that sensors state.

I will test when I get a chance now that you have peaked my interest.

Not everyone has smart things

1 Like

This can be done but the delay from IFTTT is what makes it painful

2 Likes

I realize that, I was giving YOU a way to do it now as YOU said YOU have smartthings integration.
Not everyone will have this option.

Agree completely.
I use wyze sensors for auto off functions only as they are not Time Critical.
I need lights to come on now!
Off can be delayed.

1 Like

Looks like Hue has updated their motion sensors to be compatible with Alexa routines. Might have to see if I can find some cheap used ones on eBay. I’ve tested the ones I have with some smart plug routines and it worked in under half a second consistently

3 Likes

I can verify that Tuya (Smart Life) PIR sensors will trigger Alexa routines. They are generally about half the price of the Hue motion sensors, but if you are already in that eco-system it would make sense to use them.

Can anybody link the Tuya Smart Life PIR sensors that will trigger Amazon Alexa events and can be tied to routines? I bought some Bosch sensors before Wyze had theirs and the Bosch do not trigger ANYTHING! They have a super long battery life, sensors for temp and other stuff, but just do nothing. At least the Wyze sensors trigger video!

These are the PIR sensors that I use. WiFi PIR Motion Sensor for Home Office Security Alarm Compatible with TUYA IFttt I bought this one mainly because it takes ordinary batteries which are easy to replace.

If your Bosch sensors use the Zigbee protocol, you may be able to add them as Zigbee devices to the Tuya Smart Life app and use them for automation scenes.

Thanks for the link! The reviews concern me but I assume you’re using them fine so might try it out

Smart things currently has a feature for door/window sensors where Alex will play a sound, or say xyz when you use your sensor. Being able to have Alexa say “Back door open” or play some type of chime when I open the door would be neat. I hope when Alexa integration comes this is one of the features!

I want Alexa or Google to tell them to think again or other.
The Wyze sensor triggering routine that would play a message and activate their bulbs or third party bulbs.

1 Like

Routines are a must have. Especially to include an override to do not disturb mode. I sure would like to have the information that someone opened a door that shouldn’t have been in the middle of the night. Sensors and security go hand in hand.

Would be great to have motion detection turned off/on through Alexa Guard as well!!

2 Likes

I believe there is also a SmartThings integration wish on the wish list. Even if that one was done instead of full Alexa integration, it would be much better than IFTTT. I have a feeling Wyze knows this is a strong request and I’m sure it’s been requested in many different ways but hopefully they’ll give us any information on whether this is something they are truly planning on integrating rather than a “maybe later”

1 Like

They don’t seem to be in a rush to complete alexa integration.

I tried to make their sensors turn on/off lights, etc. The only way i got it to work was through IFTTT, but the delay was just too long.

I could not get a date from their team so I sent it back.

Love to use their sensors for my doors, window, motion, etc, but without alexa integration not much value to the product.

Same issue with their bulbs and new plug. Without integration, no value. Hope they fix this soon!!!

3 Likes