Motion sensor not triggering bulbs to turn on if I set a time frame

Motion sensor triggers for bulbs to turn on or off stopped working. Then I realized they worked if I deleted the time frame condition. Has this happened to any of you? This is annoying because you don’t want bulbs turning on at daytime. Yesterday I created a ticket for Wyze to look into it but haven’t received any feedback yet.

2 Likes

I had this happen I just deleted the rules out and re-created them and everything was fine. You probably already tried that but I’m just giving you what I didn’t work for me

When you open the rule, can you see the selected days that you want the rule activated on? One time I had an issue where the days would not stay selected so I had to log off the app and back and then it worked. Which app version are you using?

1 Like

Same thing is happening with my Wyze equipment. Contact sensors will not trigger the Wyze plug if I set a time. Works ok if I turn off the time function in the rules.

1 Like

Previous post: Same thing is happening with my Wyze equipment. Contact sensors will not trigger the Wyze plug if I set a time. Works ok if I turn off the time function in the rules.

Update: As of today, it seems the problem has magically gone away. Perhaps your report to Wyze has been addressed with a bug fix?

1 Like

Tried that, it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Lucky for you. It still doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t read the whole post to have you submitted a support ticket. I’m sure you have it I just don’t want to read the whole thing so I just thought I would throw that out there.

Did that (logging out and in again), still doesn’t work. I’m running the latest version of the app: 2.9.56. I also deleted the rules and created them again, updated the sense bridge, and nothing solves it.

1 Like

Could it be the bridge itself? I just had to have a bridge replaced because nothing would pair to the bridge. Even things that paired to the second bridge that I own would not pair to that bridge so they just sent me a new bridge and then everything worked fine.

Try testing it by choosing a future time frame. Say it is 6pm where you are. Set the motion sensor rule to turn bulbs on at 6:15 with motion. Set another rule to turn bulbs off at 6:15 with motion clear. See if they execute correctly.

1 Like

But they’re set at the same time so they would be conflicting with each other set them one minute apart

You are correct in doing a time frame in the future, it has to hit that time to execute and if you are already in that time frame it wont execute.

The two rules, if I am understanding properly would not need to be a minute apart since it isn’t actually doing anything conflicting at the specific time since it also needs to see motion or lack of motion in the rule, however I have not truly put that to the test.

You might be right it might be fine to leave them at the same time. I always just set mine one minute apart. But if it works to leave them at the same time to test it by all means test it and see if it works

I have had no problem setting them to the same time. All my rules are set that way with zero issues.

1 Like

Awesome. Glad it worked. Finally huh. Lol

I have had the identical problem which started recently. I have a Wyze bulb turned on by a motion detector only during the night hours. It stopped working. Once I removed the time settings it started working again, but of course the light also comes on now during the day.

1 Like

@roter61 have you guys put in a support ticket and submitted a log yet? Are you on Android or iOS? I don’t have the latest app so I haven’t been experiencing this bug. I’ll tag @Mavens to see if anyone else has noticed this issue.

1 Like

I’m running the Beta app 2.9.62 and all my bulbs and sensors are working normal without any issues. My internet has been horribly slow with the heavy load of traffic since this crisis hit.

1 Like

I don’t have the fastest Internet in the world because we live in the country but I was getting 55 Mb download and it dropped to 6 MB download. Are you lower than that? LOL