Motion sensor no longer triggering Wyze Plug

Oh it does.

It just refuses to turn on the lights.

The main problem here is that I haven’t messed with the rules or settings until I started this thread. It worked fine until last week then it just stopped. Plain stopped. Battery is fine, signal is fine. The only thing that’s changed is time.

I’m really not sure. Have you completely deleted the rule and rebuilt it from scratch? I don’t really know what else to suggest. My thought is that if you’ve re-added the sensor at some point or something, maybe the rule would still be attached to the old instance of it or something. But that’s totally just a hail-mary theory.

I am aware, but I took a fresh look at the thread and nothing I read mentioned that the plug was tested alone and was working. Only talk was about the motion, camera and rules. Just trying to rule out the plug as being the weak link here.

I also had the same thought that the motion was reinstalled after the rule was made and is stuck on the old install. Delete the old rule and make a new one? I am pretty stumped too as to why this one rule doesn’t work. It’s tough trying to help trouble shoot over written words.

Fair point. I’d sorta ruled out the plug already, because he said it had stopped showing up in the rule history, which seems to indicate that the rule isn’t even attempting to run.

I swapped Wyze Plugs with one from another room, deleted rules, and put new ones in place. Still nothing. I tried setting up a rule to use the motion sensor to turn on my bedroom light. That worked, but that’s not what I want. None of this makes sense. The only thing I can think of is some server glitches at Wyze.

You’re right, that’s extremely weird. Motion sensor works. Light works. Plug works. Motion sensor CAN trigger light. Motion sensor can NOT trigger plug. Right?

I honestly have no clue. I don’t even know what else to try.

Have you pinged Wyze support?
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Out of curiosity, does it work if you remove the schedule? I wonder if that might be tripping it up. It should work either way, but if it works without the schedule, we might at least be closer to diagnosing the problem, even if it’s a problem on Wyze’s end.

1 Like

Did you ever solve this, @Shipoffools? Someone reported a separate problem related to saving schedules in Android and I’m wondering if the two are related. If so, it might also explain why I can’t reproduce the problem.

I can’t believe I didn’t see this reply. Anywho, I was able to get the triggers to work when I turned off the time settings. Mildly inconvenient, but progress nonetheless. Must be a problem with the time server or clock.

I was wondering if there was a solution to this issue?

I have similar setup with motion sensor turning on the plug within a specific time. I had removed the motion sensor and plug so my guest could manually control the light during the holiday visit. I am in the process of placing them back. I came across the same issue. My motion sensor will trigger the plug fine, but as soon as I enable a time as to when this trigger is active, the plug no longer kicks on. The motion sensor still works with the time enabled. I have tried different plugs and new rules, to no avail. It seems to be isolated to plug with trigger rules that have time enabled.

I’m having the exact same issue. My motion sensor stopped triggering my plug. When I removed the time conditions in the rule, it worked again. Hoping this gets fixed soon!

I have had the same problem and my solution has been to rest the camera with the bridge. Same exact thing was happening to me. Sensor pickles up motion and recorded the motion correctly in history but would not trigger my plug. I reset my camera with the bridge and stayed working again. Seems tool me like a bridge problem. Maybe this will help. Hope so.