Motion Sensor Issue

I had my motion sensor stop working a few months back. I never got any low battery warnings like I get with the contact sensors but I assumed a dead battery. I replaced the battery to no avail. Once I finally got around to contacting support, they weren’t super helpful and then just told me that my one year warranty is expired and there is nothing they can do even though I am only a few months over that one year mark.

I have seen a few people on here post that they had issues with their motion sensors as well that sound exactly like what happened to me.

I think this is something that Wyze needs to look into. I understand they have thin margins and very affordable products so they have to make cuts somewhere like QC or quality of materials but I am not happy with their warranty policy. When buying a product, I expect it to work for more than a year regardless of their warranty period. If something completely breaks in a little over a year of ownership then any respectable company should call a loss and replace that product.

I don’t mean to sound cynical or anything. I do love what Wyze is doing as a whole and own a few of their products but this experience put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Did you follow the available guide and reset the Bridge connection?

I did follow the walk through they gave me but it didn’t help. The issue seems to be with the sensor itself, not the bridge connection or anything. When you use their rest pin to reset the sensor, the red light is supposed to blink. That red light never turns on or blinks no matter what I do. This leads me to believe it is a hardware problem with the sensor itself.