Motion sensor + Bulb in bedroom - try a lower sensor placement

Just wanting to pass along this idea that’s working for me. I installed a bulb on a bedside lamp with a motion sensor to turn it on. I had the sensor sitting on a dresser, and it would sense almost all motion in the room. However, the light was turning on and off all night because I’m not a still sleeper.

Moving the sensor closer to the ground, on a table leg about 12 inches from the floor solved it! It still turns on the light when anyone enters the room, but ignores my nocturnal acrobatics.

5 Likes

Nice solution. My wife said she would have just duct taped me to the bed but I like your solution better!

4 Likes

I am trying to find a solution like that but at 12" the dog sets it off with every movement lol

3 Likes

that’s something completely different :sweat_smile::rofl::joy::sunglasses:…Wyze has not entered that market yet.

2 Likes

How did you get your wyze motion sensor to connect to your light bulb?

1 Like

Check here: Shortcuts-and-Automation-with-Wyze-Sense

2 Likes

I’m trying to find a way to turn off all sensors at night. This way we don’t have to worry about triggering a light in the middle of the night. I’m adding sensors to my kids rooms with bulbs as well. Last thing I want is for all the bulbs to come on at midnight when they make a midnight bathroom run.

Maybe this solution may help solve your problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like a no-brainer for Wyze to add a feature like this into the software. “Follow rules betwee x and x times” etc. I assume it’ll come along eventually.

Any idea for 15 square meter bedroom?
How many sensors should be needed or better location in order to turn fan/lights on when movements are detected and turn them off if not? While sleeping? (No wyze bulbs lights installed, another kind of vsync switch) I have one in my kitchen AND by trial and error found the best place to cover all movements area.
I’m timid to get three, one for every hall.
I was thinking one for the door, then sensors inside would detect movements and keep fan/lights on. I dont know if one of three clear status for a period would turn fan/lights off. If I take a nap at afternoon with no movements would turn fan off.
I would like to turn lights only after 6 pm.
I’m using Alexa integration for kitchen.

Polish_20200705_121954469