Motion not detected

wyze-cam

I have set up my new cam. Purchased one to test. My 2 boxer dogs and I just walked completely across my den from kitchen to hallway, it completely missed me and my pups. I see too many missed activities, seems like the video starts too late, and films after movement has gone out of view (probably 6-8 seconds to walk from kitchen to hallway). Not helpful at all if this is as good as it gets. How will you catch a boogerman?

If you’re using the free AWS storage clips in the Notification tab, there is a 5 minute cool down between events. So if it picks up motion at 1:00, then you walk by at 1:03, that will be missed.

If you add an SD card, you can turn on continuous recording or event recording. The event recording records the longer of 1 minute, or until the motion stops.

Thanks… I guess I missed the part of a 5 minute recharge time in FAQ. So a burglar just takes the camera and or disc, and evidence is long gone. Just looked at vids over the last hour, no movement in den, vids are recording every 5-7 minutes, no movement or sound in den, it’s silent. I see me returning this to amazon…

DFD0FE4B-C037-4787-A849-2861FE903841.jpeg

This “cooldown” of 5 minutes is absurd. Should be fixed.

There isn’t anything to fix in this case. It’s the current design, since the storage is free, I’m sure they’re trying to prevent storing 24/7 footage.

If you add an SD card, you can turn on continuous recording or event recording. The event recording records the longer of 1 minute, or until the motion stops. Continuous recording is well continuous :wink: