Motion Flood Lights and False Person Detection

@topherludlow, welcome to the community!

I have 2 CamV3 mounted over the top of 2 old school motion sensor floodlights. I went thru considerable tweaking sessions to get it right and it is still not perfect… Also be aware that the current rate of false AI positives for the V3 is very high right now, regardless of the placement. The pixelation detection algorithms need some serious tuning. You will find copius forum posts on that. Currently, cars throwing headlight beams will set off AI to a false positive. It is because Wyze AI looks for the volume of individual pixel changes in light over a short period to identify objects. If your floods are on and the cam is in night vision mode, trees and bushes moving will initiate an AI positive.

Because my floodlights are PIR sensor activated, when my cams went into Night Vision mode and turned on the active IR emitters for the night vision, it flooded the detection field with IR and set off the floodlights. Because that caused a massive light pixelation change in the cam when the lights came on, the CamPlus AI always tagged it as something. At first, they fought each other all night long because the IR emitters would go off after the lights came on, the timer on the lights would shut the lights off, the cam would go back into night vision and the cycle would repeat.

Over time, I was able to get the lights to play well and get along with the cams by setting my cams to NEAR on the IR settings so they didn’t emit so much IR and dialing back the sensitivity of the floodlights PIR sensor. I also lowered the detection sensitivity on each cam to reduce false positive AI Events.

It took time and a lot of testing and monitoring, but it eventually calmed down to an acceptable level.

Hope this helps.

1 Like