Motion detection filter for people (person detection)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

There may be some Smart Life compatible cameras that can do that for you. Check out this link.

Have pets in the house… Need person detection AI ASAP.

They are definitely working hard on this and making good progress. However, at this time, there is not a firm schedule for release.

2 Likes

Notice of recent removal of a third-party person detection capability indicated Wyze pursuing alternate design/AI. Thinking about this, I want to offer my thoughts. Reviewing many of the ‘person’ triggered snippet videos that had no person, it was is noticed to be somewhat complex motion that obviously confused the AI. (E.g. trees flowing by wind, shadow of the tree flowing by wind, a flying bird shadow, occasional vehicles accelerating, night vision transitioning on as lighting changes or from lights turning on). I appreciated this feature when it worked…highly noticeable now that it’s gone.

Wouldn’t it be valuable, since there are infinite set ups, unique camera angles, daily repeated motion such as same tree blowing or shadows from tree, spiderwebs reflecting as wind blows triggering night vision lighting etc… to allow a user to respond affecting types of desirable recordings of motion and earmark (machine learn) those a user defines as not useful. When a person is noted in a motion snippet, user marks as person motion. Other motions marked by drop down menu selected and able to remove from triggers…although a user can review machine learned /removed set of videos to confirm or deny that the machine has learned properly what types of motion he does or didn’t want to exclude…thus continuously improved machine learning.

Now that I’m having to constantly review motion, this has become very clear how valuable only certain snippets are. I’m very interested to discuss further if explanation isn’t clear above. Thank you,

Best Regards,

Scott

With my primary cam on it’s side for monitoring vertically for coverage of the front door entry from head level to floor, it rarely detected a person so hopefully wyze takes this into consideration since I have read of many others in the rotate 90 deg wishlist thread using it in a similar situation.

The problem Wyze has is the anemic CPU and the very low amount of RAM they have to play with.
Having lots of different models would be required, and they just don’t have the ability to store all of them on the cam.

If they switched to a cloud processing, then, yeah, this and many more things can be possible, but, obviously, it would cost them much more.

1 Like

While I like seeing the birds I don’t want an alert that my motion light cam on unless theres a person or bear in the yard(no bears,dears,we have a fox and raccoons so far).

Good Morning,
Can you please provide a updated timeline. We miss Person Detection option.
thank you . danny hickman

Person detection has been back for a while now.

Only in beta for selected users.

1 Like

I’ve been using motion detection for a few weeks now and I’m not a beta tester.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. But checking from my iPad and iPhone the option is not their.

On current firmware and software.

Please advise?

Thanks . danny

Wyze is calling it in beta because it’s not yet retail ready - it’s not the typical beta - basically they are rolling it out to x number of users and slowly increasing users as they work out the bugs and add capacity. The AI resides on their cloud servers.

1 Like

If you mean Person detection then if you’ve got it you’re a beta user of Person detection.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t give a specific date but we are definitely getting closer. I don’t think it will be too much longer from now (definitely not this week though). :slight_smile:

Regarding your promise for person detection and your commitment to follow through on a promise… What you are doing is absolutely a generous and most kind and ethical handling. I do have a suggestion based on the fact that you really shouldn’t do this freebie thing … nice, ethical, laudatory… but sounds like it might turn into a financial problem for you and that would be a real shame and possible loss. Remember what happened to Panera Bread! I think you should back away from that as just an error in anticipation, apologize and if a few folks who just cannot bring them to forgive mistakes back away, let them go and move on… This is a great company, great people and a superior product. One way is to simply say, ‘we made a financial mistake that we cannot cure, we apologize and will give everyone 3/6 months freebie, but we have to charge for the service.’ Most will understand and count you all better for it. Good luck and God Bless! Be safe. The world needs you. bppettie

I suspect that’s what will happen anyway.
WYZE said they would try their method but may have to revisit it.
Just a vague way of saying what you said.

But we’re really hoping this experiment works out and we won’t have to make that choice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WyzeGwendolyn… I do hope so too, it would be a wonderful thing. paul

1 Like