Motion detection delay?

I just noticed today upon watching my recordings in the Events section that all the recorded videos only show the final 2-3 seconds of motion? I could have sworn that a week ago it would start recording right when they detected motion or even slightly before. (v2 cams)

What could be the issue?

I would try going into your camera’s settings, then go to advanced settings, then sync time. Whenever I have a delay I do that.

1 Like

@Illumination

Ty! I’ll let you know if this has fixed it.

1 Like

@Illumination

Hey, I just checked the recent recordings and the issue is still occurring :pensive:

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face: sorry to hear. The only other thing I can think of is if you have a micro as card, to make sure that it is not saving it somewhere else. I am not sure why that would happen but that’s what I would do. Good luck!

@Illumination

The one I’m looking at doesn’t have a microsd card in it, but I do use 3 different handheld devices (2 tablets and a smartphone) to monitor my wyze cams, do you think this might be a reason why this is happening?

I don’t think that the number of devices you are using with it would affect it as I use a smartphone iPad and many other devices to monitor my cameras and I never have had a problem.

The only other thing I can think of is to turn up the sensitivity for motion detection on your cameras. I found that when my motion sensitivity was lower, it didn’t register it as an event until the motion (usually a person) was leaving which would leave me with only 2-3 seconds of motion. When the sensitivity is higher it picks up motion quicker and started recording quicker.

If still nothing is working, I would recommend contacting the awesome support team at

1 Like

@Illumination

I have a feeling it’s something else because it worked fine before even with my current sensitivity settings.

1 Like

@Illumination
thanks for the link, I’ll contact them

1 Like