Pan Cam motion detection beeping

My Wyze cam makes a beeping sound when it tracks motion. Is there a way to turn it off and make the camera silent?

1 Like

You will get a whining sound from the motor inside the camera when it is turning this is normal

This isn’t a whining sound, it beeps as it turns. This doesn’t happen when motion tracking isn’t on and you spin the camera using the app

2 Likes

I have never heard of this issue. Unless someone else chimes in with the same experience and/or a fix, I would recommend submitting a support request.

(Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.)

Was there ever any resolution to this? My pan cam does the same thing,

1 Like

I’ll bet there are people who would sacrifice anything for this unknown feature, and here you two want to get rid of it.

I guess I don’t follow the logic of why you would want the feature. It’s incessant beeping from the camera every time something moves. If using the camera for baby monitoring or general surveillance of a house why would I want it beeping as it tracks movement? I’d rather it silently track and observe. I’d like to hear why you would prefer this feature?

1 Like

Sarcasm is a precious resource that too often goes wasted.

1 Like

Swing and a miss on my part, for sure. : )

1 Like

Are you by any chance using the tinyCam app? This will produce constant beeping when motion is detected when linked to a Wyze camera.

I am having the same issue. Love the idea of motion tracking but the beeping is annoying.

1 Like

I have same issue. The camera beeps while tracking, would love to turn the beeping off! How?

1 Like

I guess there’s no resolve this because it’s doing It on mine too

I have the issue too. hate the beeping. submitting a support request.

1 Like

Did anyone get a reply to a support request? I just installed my cam pan and have the same issue. It’s driving me crazy.

@DarrenO Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about the poor experience. You can reach out directly to Wyze during normal business hours. They will help resolve the issue and step you through the troubleshooting or replace the cam if necessary.

Call Wyze Support:

Wyze Customer Support 1 (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Wt* with this beeping? I just bought two Wyze Cam Pans and every time they move they beep. Beeping all night, beeping all day. This is the most annoying thing you could possibly ask me to put around my house. So please if anyone can provide a fix for this I would rather not send these back, but honestly can’t listen to this beeping every 15 seconds or whatever…actually very surprising I don’t see a fix after so
Many months

Update

Hey sorry if that came off a bit crass. I was trying to fall asleep and that beeping drive me crazy. I realized after a few hours that I shouldn’t have typed it the way I did. Oh btw that realization a few hours later came after I sat down completely exhausted after going through every single menu option in the wyze app and searching these forums for any way possible to stop this incessant beeping!!! Please make it stop.

I want to sleep and have working security cameras watching out for me, but I don’t see any way to do that and apparently customer service has chosen not to reply to the several different threads regarding this issue. Honestly, that bothers me most. The character of a company is typically reflected in the way that they service their customers. Usually it’s longevity is attached customer treatment as well. Mostly, it’s just incredibly rude and disrespectful not to even bother trying to answer so many people asking the same questions.

Same thing here! WTH would this have been programmed this way. The feature functions well but someone made a decision to make the can make an annoying low pitched beep? That managers KPI must not have been customer satisfaction /NPS bc he/she annoyed any user who turned on this feature.

We are having the same issue. We got the cam as a petcam to let us check on our dog in his crate at night, but because it makes a noise every time the poor guy rolls over, he’s now spooked by it! How do we turn off the noise??

One of my Wyze Cam 2 is now making that beep sound on playback.