Motion alert when there's not

Why do I get alerts that there is motion detected when there is clearly not anyone in the house? No big windows with trees, pets, fans blowing, etc.??

I updated my Pan v2 firmware last night and had phantom alerts Over and over. Kept waking us up from sleep. After about 10 false alarm I decided to unplug it until this morning. We’ll see how it goes tonight. I sent most of the non motion clips to Wyze as feedback using the “Is this Useful”, “NO” !

That feature doesn’t work. Wyze owners find that out right away and turn it off. You can set a zone for detection to only include a smaller area within the field of vision. You can turn down the sensitivity. You can walk in front of the camera and wave your arms during all these tests. You will get a different result every time. Don’t get me started on the cooldown period between event captures which turns testing into a week long process. Wyze knew there would be a 99.9% false positive event capture on their video cameras so they limited the amount per hour. Good luck.

I get motion detects on a V2 in the garage around dusk and early afternoon when the shadows change. Used to get many alerts at night w/IR lights ON, reflecting on a flying bug. Changing the sens didn’t help cuz a close bug is big as a buick. :beetle:

1 Like

Welcome to the group! Was there any pixel changing in frame at all? When you watched the clip, what was the green box indicating as motion? If you have motion tagging enabled. Able to post a video for a visual aid?

1 Like

Perceived motion. During the day, shadows. At night with IR LEDs, bugs.

1 Like

Other alternatives to completely turning off the cams:
-use a rule to schedule notifications in or off for a particular time period
-if you have Person detection set your notifications to Person Only On, All Other Motion Off
-The cameras use a pixel change algorithm to detect motion. This means sudden light changes or blowing leaves will trigger it as motion. You could consider moving to the Wyze Sense line and using the motion sensor which uses passive infrared for motion detection.

1 Like