More options for Notification Haptic Feedback

Battery life has been great. Having a hard time knowing when I get a text, etc. Feedback is kind of weak and hard to tell when something comes in. Can Wyze have an option to adjust the Vibration feedback when a notification comes in?

Haptic feedback options: Off, Low, High

Just a request. Wondering if its possible to add a “Vibration Intensity” option for notifications for the Wyze Band. It’s very faint and hard to realize when a notification comes through.

1 Like

Interesting. Mine is VERY intense and I requested for this same feature just so I can turn it down. If I put the band down on the bedroom table upstairs, I can hear it vibrate anywhere I am downstairs and since there is no way to turn off the band, it gets annoying quickly. Apparently the haptic vibrators were not tuned the same across various bands.

2 Likes

Mine is pretty strong vibration wise… If I compared to my Apple Watch, the vibrations are much lower for Apple. I haven’t missed a notification yet on my wyze and my husband actually checked his wyze when mine vibrates lol.

Alert Notification haptic feedback is acceptable/good. Would be great to have option to increase intensity (if possible) or duration or pattern of haptic feedback. This would make the band more user friendly for elderly who cannot hear their phone notifications and need more than a short burst of vibration to tell them they have received a new message/email/etc.

Moderator Note:

This topic has been moved from #early-access to the #wishlist. Voting is now open. For your vote to count, remember to click the VOTE button at the top.

I personally find this vibration too strong which made me simply disable notifications :slight_smile:
Being able to control haptic feedback is too basic. C’mon Wyze! (I’m a Wyze fun by the way)

1 Like

I think that it would be nice to be able to change when the Wyze Band vibrates. This would save energy, making the battery life longer and be less annoying because I really don’t get why every time I press the “home” button, the vibration motor goes off. I would love to be able to customize this or turn it off outright.

One of the first customizations of the band that I looked for was to turn down the vibration strength. It’s too startling for me. Even worse is when I forget my watch on the dresser overnight, the notifications create a loud rattling that scares everyone awake.

On top of that, it’d be even sweeter if the vibration of morning alarms could be gradual – softer vibrations slowly going to stronger.

Also, different kinds of vibrations for different kinds of notifications would be nice-to-have. I don’t need to check every motion alert from my camera, but I may want to read incoming chat messages immediately.

I like the idea of turning off the vibration for the home button too. The vibration is annoying there.

The list is getting long but hey, this is a Wishlist part of the form right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a big fan of Wyze products, and I received the band a couple weeks ago.

One thing is really preventing my continued use of it – I hope that this function can be turned off someday.

Any sort of prolonged press on the front button causes the band to buzz and come to life, and that’s fine.

But in addition to intentional presses, the buzzes happens when I fold my arms (one arm touches the button), and–more annoyingly–when I am sleeping.

Is there any way to make the band ONLY react with a swipe or a double-press? The button-press action is happening by accident 90% of the time. Or can I turn off the vibration?

If not fixed, I don’t think I can continue wearing the watch. it is driving me bonkers.

4 Likes

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

Completely agree! I really like the wyze band, but the issue above is a real problem for me as well. I’ve now moved it to my right hand (usually wear it on my left hand),. This solved the crossing arms issue, but it feels weird.

The other issue issue where it loses connection with my phone and latches on to someone else, very often I’m not sure whose phone. I have to factory reset the band to get it to reconnect, and I lose all my unsynced band data.

I have the same exact issue, I really like all wyze products but this is annoying, I was wearing a similar wrist band different brand and you can change the vibration style or turn it off per each app or home button. all settings were more complete. I just bought this band I like the screen quality and the options with alexa but if there is no solution for the vibration I will need to return it.

The other issue I’m having is that the band is disconnecting from my phone for some reason.

So, I resolved the problem of disconnecting from my phone it was making noise with my previous wristband, So, not a problem from WYZE.

It’s amazing that I just commented on this issue 2 days ago about the vibration and they just did an update to fix the vibration. I don’t know if is a coincidence but it is awesome.

@daniel_m

Thanks for posting about this – does that mean there is a new disabling feature in the menus? Or does it simply not do it anymore?

There is no disabling feature, but at least it doesn’t vibrate on every single click. Only when pressing home button and notification.

1 Like

I still don’t have a solution for the band that keeps disconnecting, Every morning I need to open the app and click on the band

I agree. It is actually hurting my boney wrist and I’ve only been wearing it for 1 hour and 30 minutes. That’s actually why I’m searching online.

I can barely ever feel when I get a text message so I really hope they can allow users to increase the vibration! My other fitness watch allowed users to also select the type of vibration they wanted such as one quick vibration, two quick vibrations, one long vibration, a pulse vibration, etc.