More options for Bulb Color

YES! I so agree with this. This should be an option for lots of other products too, but you have perfectly described a use I have wanted for smart bulbs too…have them in a group for all lights in a certain room, AND all lights on a certain floor. AND all lights in the house, and maybe lights for multiple rooms for a special event (changing colors and scenes together).

Great idea!

Hi @mike.s, now that we are approaching the end of spring and you’ve released firmware 1.2.0.353 for Bulb Color, is there an updated ETA for the rollout you talked about in this thread?

2 Likes

I did this exactly but it was a pain with Alexa to get the kids down for school in time. I had to set up 4 routines. 6:30 turn light on to green, 6:45 turn light to Yellow, 7:00 am turn light to rid, 7:15 turn off the light.

1 Like

Nice idea! You can make it all one routine like this:

4 Likes

I’d like to set my hallway light to Blue to remind me about recycling. However, recycling is only picked up every other week in my neighborhood.

Is there an option within the Rules engine to turn on my color bulb every other week?

@mike.s Any update on the color changing via schedule? Doesn’t seem like it should take very long.

1 Like

I would not hold my breath. After hours spent emailing and chatting with at least 5 different CSRs I’ve yet to get a meaningful answer. Everyone says something different. So far they’re saying there’s a firmware update coming at an unspecified time in the future which may or may not add an unspecified number of features. So, yeah. Kinda vague. Maybe they’re too busy making marketing materials for new products every 2 weeks to actually support the ones they’ve already sold us.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update haha

why is there no disco or color rotation mode? this is a feature of every other color bulb.

I’ve seen a number of suggestions/requests for a party/disco mode but in case that’s different from what I’m looking for, I’m going to risk beating a dead horse in order to clarify:

It would be awesome if you could add a music sync/sound reactivity function. I understand that it’s unlikely that there is a microphone built into the bulbs themselves but like other applications and products I use that feature this functionality, you can have the app ask for device permission to access its microphone. This seems to me to be doable and relatively easily, at that but I also understand there’s a lot on Wyze’s plate. Regardless, I would be beyond grateful to see this kind of functionality added at some point down the road…

1 Like

This feature has been rolled out to about 20% of users! The reason we’re slowly rolling it out is because it relies on our new Rule Engine… we don’t want to just send it out to 100% of users right away to ensure a smooth transition. So sit tight and you should see it very soon!

Would love a fade between specific colors and have some control over the timing/speed of the fading. In particular, the ability to fade between green and red for the Christmas season. Making awesome but interesting decorations either in your outdoor fixtures or in your windows. Please do this and I will buy Wyze Color bulb!!!

2 Likes

Is there any plans to allow changing a bulb’s color to a specific color (via hex code, RGB, HSB, etc.) or a specific color temperature?

Vote for the option to set a specific color through hex codes here:

1 Like

Been waiting patiently hoping for changes to the app to add some effects and party fun to the bulbs. I have the Beta app for the bulbs but nothing new has shown up there either. I do love the the brightness of the wyze bulbs but the tradeoff to the fun effects I had with FEIT is drawing me back towards them or changing over to Hue to add life to the lights,

1 Like

Primary feature I would like asap:
Any time power is reset the bulb/group will change to a specified, default color. In my case, flipping a light switch off/on causes the bulbs to go to white ~3000K @ 100%. It can also be set to remember the last setting instead. If I want any other colors etc, those will come on either manually through the app or via rules/schedules as normal. If I ever need them to go regular 3K white though, flip the switch!

This, more than anything else, is my wish. Sometimes I can’t find my phone to switch to white light. I also don’t use a smart speaker.

Bonus feature would be: various multiple flips of the switch would yield other preset colors.

1 Like

I think specific colors/temps may be difficult as the bulbs would need to be perfectly calibrated, but I think assigning some sort of nonspecific numerical value would be helpful for configuration purposes.

Sorry for the (very) delayed response, Mike.

Just to be clear, the feature you speak of brings music/sounds reactivity to the color bulbs? That would be awesome but I still haven’t seen the feature added to my app despite the fact that I’m a beta tester.,. Any chance you could slide me an APK under the table or something?

(In the interest of not getting anyone in hot water, I’ll throw the obligatory, “I kid, I kid” out there… But for real though, what’s good? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Edited to add that I see now that it appears your were responding to OP and just so happened that your response fell in line after mine. Le sigh…

Any chance you want put a bug in the dev teams’ ear about music/sound syncing? Please n thanks!

4 Likes

Hi, I posted last week. Can anyone here tell me Wyze’s typical response time here and to their support requests? Also, how long will it take for them to roll out updates? I’m in the same boat as the OP. The feature set is very limited compared to the competition. If I don’t get some assurances soon to have certain features that other bulbs have I am going to return the bulbs. I don’t want to. Heck, if I get told it’ll take 6 months then I’ll probably keep them, but I need to know.

Repeating the above. I want it so when I flip the light switch on my bulb(s), they will set their color and brightness to a specified setting. So if I am currently on #FF0000 (red) at 25% brightness, when I flip the switch off, when I switch it back on it will be white at ~3000K at 100% brightness. Other bulbs have this and it is a huge feature since not everyone using the bulb will have an app, and not every home will have a smart speaker, and if either did, it’s a clunky way to control them in a pinch.

You know what would be amazing though - open source your firmware/app. We’d see these features a lot sooner, and some of us could make customizations for ourselves.

1 Like

Oh, that’s not likely to happen. These forums are mostly community-run by other non-employees and not monitored by support. Wyze usually only posts in roadmap threads like these when there is some official announcement or big update that was agreed on by several senior staff. They rarely respond to individual posts here, especially related to feature requests, etc. If you want to talk to someone in Support you have to go through email, live chat or phone support…and support will basically just tell you it is on the roadmap and in-development and there is no official ETA. Part the reason for this is that too many people feel entitled or complain no matter what they list for an ETA, especially if testing issues push it back further than expected for whatever reason…so it’s better just to say they’re working on it, and leave it at that.

There are assurances that this is on the roadmap and in development, but that’s the extent of the assurances we have. If you need timelines or more than that like ETA’s, you are not likely to get those until they hit beta testing, and then it can be assumed public release is near.

The likelihood of Wyze giving an ETA is very unlikely, but I know they have a lot of plans to bring a bunch of different stuff out by the end of the year. They’ve also been talking about other updates and they just barely released a new rule-engine. I think that is part of the delay, they’ve been putting a lot of effort into this new rule engine, and it just graduated beta-testing, so now they should start working on adding a bunch of new rules for things.

I have seen a lot of requests for being able to enter exact colors with Hexidecimal or something similar, so that would be a cool update I expect is likely. I am not sure if they will do the color/brightness switching with each on/off as described here. If I was a betting man I would bet this would not be coming in the next 6 months and quite possibly not ever, at least not from Wyze Directly. However, you make a good point that they could provide a public/open API and others could provide these customizations…but Wyze has recently said almost certainly won’t be considering a public API until at least next year and that it would be a big effort to make sure it is sustainable, secure, etc…so it would certainly take longer than a few months. Therefore I would bet that’s not happening within 6 months from now. But you never know since there was a recent thing going on with the Home Assistant hacked API…Wyze took notice and agreed to work with that community to have some support going forward, and who knows where that will all get to…maybe it will accelerate Wyze’s API timeline.

I am just saying, don’t expect a reply in here about it (though it could happen, it rarely does). Don’t bother asking support because they aren’t in on those details. They primarily read scripts for basic troubleshooting, process returns/replacements or help with ordering, but not a lot else in all truthfulness, and usually know less than the people in the community here when it comes to knowledge type things of what’s been said by the higher staff in AMA’s, etc.

Wish I could be of more help or tell you what you want to hear, but the above is the honest truth in my long experience here. Best of luck figuring things out.

2 Likes