Modified outdoor enclosure

Same here. I did find that threading it in was troublesome until I spent more time cleaning up the glue that fixes the focus of the original lense. Otherwise it was easy to drop in. @kroq83 once showed how easy it is to remove the dark plastic circle that surrounds the lense. I was able to pry it off easily with a sharp blade. This saves from the more arduous task of taking the camera apart so you can grip the lense to unscrew it. The first time I unscrewed the original lense I just gripped it with the correct shape pliers and strong-armed the glue since I thought it would be too hard to try to remove the glue with the lense in place.

1 Like

The first time I pop it off I use double side tape to stick it window. When I took out that sec len I use a something rubber for protecting to adjust it.

1 Like

That is handy. Is it glued on I assume? Or will it just click back into place?

It just clicks back into place.

1 Like

Sweet

just a site to look at lens
https://hupuu.com/

1 Like

Speaking of mods, I finally found someone to confirm the internal antenna connection is a “U.fl/IPEX”. Which comes in handy when searching for a pigtail and external antenna for one of these cams. I had never even thought about different sizes for those little wifi connectors, so I ordered the wrong ones. But here is about the best Prime deal I found on pigtails without antennas (so I can at least use the wrong ones I just bought).

3 Likes

Awesome thanks!

I’ll give Wyze six months to at least announce their official version before moving forward with this project myself. Thanks for the much needed design suggestion.

1 Like

Are you talking about the Wyze outdoor camera? Because I would love some information on that too

Wyze has already announced the outdoor camera. But there’s no information that I’m aware of that suggests whether it or future products will have built-in zoom. I would say a zoom one is inevitable for a future version 3+ product, depending on when they can add zoom without making it cost as much as other zoom cameras. Prices come down yearly, meaning they can add more over time without significantly raising prices. It’s more a matter of incremental design changes or needing to create an entirely new product to support future software and hardware. At some point, the current versions will not be able to support more functionality onboard, but can be extended dramatically by offloading everything into the cloud (software as a service aka SaaS.)

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

What?

1 Like

And it makes the snow disappear? Where do I sign up?

1 Like

The snow thing is in beta. And it require a bigger power supply.

3 Likes

Looks great !!! where did you get the lens and how did you attach it?

1 Like

they get it from amazon
I think this one
https://www.amazon.com/Zerone-Million-Security-Firefly-Cameras/dp/B07MNT1ZK2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=wyze+lens&qid=1580503919&s=electronics&sr=1-2

2 Likes