Missing event clip but…

I agree with you there, I don’t see how that would be either helpful or even applicable as the same exact problem has existed in every firmware revision. If it’s truly a cloud issue then the firmware is irrelevant anyway.

I don’t blame support for trying. They are just reading the script.

2 Likes

I have had a Wyze Cam for about a year and never saw this problem until I upgraded the iOS app a couple of days ago.

Happy Cake Day!

Count yourself lucky! But even when it happens it is infrequent. I would be willing to wager you don’t review every single event clip?

Do a quick search on here or Reddit, or I suppose Facebook and you will see it’s a long standing issue. The fact that it affects both Android and iOS users, and has persisted across multiple camera firmware releases is what lends credence to the thought its a cloud issue not an app or camera issue.

1 Like

Yup! They are doing the best they can.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, but keep in mind these are only the events any of us is even bothering to check.

That’s exactly what I was going to say to you earlier - we don’t check every event and it’s not a trivial problem if it misses an event you we do care about.

Very true. I have been extremely upset about events the camera missed for reasons known only to the camera. Including a chunk of 45 seconds worth from the SD card which was setup for 24/7 recording. The gap was smack in the middle of a clip that turned out to be the very last time my camera or I saw my youngest son. He died that night.

After that I never again trusted or put my faith in anything from Wyze. I use them for non critical uses. It’s my own fault, I knew they were not reliable ahead of time. I have since replaced the two critical cameras with professional grade wired security cameras. They cost a bunch but they have never lost a seconds worth of video even during power failures of less than 12 hour duration thanks to their integrated UPS system.

What the hell. How utterly, unspeakably horrible. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Actually, I do review about 90% of events. The only times I skip review is when I /wife are the detected persons or the many false events due to moving tree shadows (a frequent occurrence). I guess I have just been lucky. I have also noticed with the latest iOS app that thumbnails don’t always go away when an event is individually deleted after viewing. To clear thumbnails for deleted events I have to select another day and then go back to the day I was viewing. Not sure these two issues are related.

After deleting events, swipe down the screen to refresh the page. Your deleted events will be gone.

2 Likes

I believe I read somewhere that there was an issue with event clips being sent to wrong people, to which that would explain a few things.

I’m not sure how Wyze fixed whatever happened with event clip but, it has been reported in a post that event clips were being sent to wrong people for a brief time. It’s possible that although you may have had an event, someone else got and viewed your clip.

The post contained “Hey I have a kitchen event, and I do t have a kitchen cam”

Which is really bizarre because about this time I had a few KITCHEN events that showed up and were not viewable.

The Kitchen Cam ( in my case ) is actually above my kitchen window and never in the kitchen itself. And it became clear that when reading this post previously that someone somewhere likely got my clip.

Not a security issue in my case, just a view of an unmowed lawn and me walking by to get the lawnmower.

So yeah, I’ll let this slide, hope you can too.

No, clips weren’t going to the wrong people just notifications. They couldn’t actually watch the clips.

1 Like

Ahhh, I’m not sure if that was clearly explained anywhere in follow ups or I quit reading that post/thread so I’ll just take your word for it rather than dig it up for review.

I appreciate that fast reply.

It was explained

2 Likes