Misleading order status of Covid test kits

How misleading is it for a company to accept payment for a product, send a confirmation, state your order has been shipped, listed a tracking number and after an inquiry have 2 CSRs tell you they can’t verify if the kits are actually in stock. Was told on 2 occasions that the kits should ship in 4 to 7 days. In spite of not being able to verify any status they would not cancel and refund the order. Checking the tracking # showed USPS had not received the packages. No idea if the kits are in a building, container coming from China or being beamed from the mother ship. Was told they have received a lot of complaints and no wonder why. No legitimate business will stall with product disposition after payment. You either have it or you don’t. If you don’t then don’t process payment until you do or tell the customer up front the items are backordered and payment will process when in stock and an active tracking # is generated. I have many years of business experience and have related this situation with other people in the distribution sector and all agree something is wrong. I’ve spoken to others who ordered as I did and they have had the same experience.
Wyze, either be straightforward with your customers or stop offering product you can’t deliver on.
I save the rants about upgrades, spotty performance, bugs and idiosyncrasies in another post.

2 Likes

My shipping label was created on the 3 of January and that’s the end of communication from wyze and as of today USPS is still awaiting package. Unfortunately this is a common practice that has taken place with at least a dozen products I have ordered from them. It’s ridiculous that I now accept this as normal for this company and if you think this is bad try working with customers service :unamused: I understand that we are experiencing a crisis in the world but that doesn’t give companies the right to sit on my money and profit while I sit and wait.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Haven’t received my test kits. Post office doesn’t have them. No idea when or if I’ll ever get them. Bought & paid for with nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

I thought Wink was about the worst to deal with but Wyze has eclipsed it by a mile. Add new products while not fully maintaining the old. If I could go back in time and not have purchased all of the products and subscriptions I would surely do so. They apparently didn’t have the kits when first offering them and deceptively stated they would ship within a few days. My free kits from the government will probably show up long before anything from Wyze does.

1 Like

Wyze is probably using the COVID Test Kit $$'s (I’m still waiting for mine) and using to finance a Wyse Dash Cam. Ponzi all the way.

1 Like

Add me to the list. Yep orders: 1-Jan & 4-Jan. CC billed, usps labels printed on 1/1 & 1/4, then nothing. Clearly not yet shipped. USPS hasn’t received them yet.

Very disappointing that Wyze has dropped to this level of execution snd contradicting communications.

Ended up filing a dispute with the credit card. Once I explained the situation, especially that I had received 2 emails confirming shipment 20 plus days earlier, they fully agreed that the charge would be refunded. Being told that an order could not be canceled because a ‘shipping label’ had been printed is not how to do legitimate business. BTW I tried to cancel by phone (rep told me they’ve had A LOT of complaints), ‘chat’ email and Amazon pay. All attempts were flat out refused. Tried to speak to management or the mystery ‘sales team’ and was denied that as well. VERY DISSAPOINTED WYZE!

1 Like

Since these Test Kit’s are from China…It’s on a Boat so it maybe month’s. I’ll still wait but as yourself I contact my CC for a Refund.

1 Like