Mirror (flipped/reversed) Image

It would be great if the image could be flipped or mirrored, not just rotated. One application is on an RV as a backup camera.

Just curious why you would want the image reversed? Most/all back up cams are normally orientedā€¦ regular?

Actually they are not. Because the camera is pointed to the rear and you are looking forward, in order for left / right to come out looking ā€œnormalā€ to the driver, you need to do a left / right reverse.
Try backing up with a camera image that looks reversed and it will drive you crazy.

5 Likes

I stand corrected! Took me a while to wrap my head around it and actually had to sit in my truck and look at the screen to see the orientation. To be honest with you Iā€™ve never given it a second thought until now!

4 Likes

I have what i think would be a GREAT optionā€¦ an option to show the video is a Reverse mode. This is similar to the Flip (180 degree rotation) but rather than flip on the top/bottom edge, flip it side-to-side.

Why? Well, when I go camping in my RV, i usually take a couple of Wyze cameras with my. While driving, I have one pointing out the back window of my trailer as a rear view camera. It works GREAT, but, the display is opposite of what a rear-view camera would show. Swapping that display (right and left) would be fantastic.

(This works while travelling because my trailer has a wifi hotspot that the cameras and my phone connect to.)

PLEASE! Add this feature request. Iā€™m sure itā€™s super easy (since you already flip 180 degrees top to bottom) and now that Iā€™ve mentioned doing this, MANY folks will want to as well.

P.S. I also attach a camera to the back of my tailgate when hitching up my trailer. It helps guide me right onto the ball! Super cool!!!

3 Likes

I just set up the camera to use the iPhone hotspot on the iPhone that I am viewing the stream from, so I have a self contained backup camera iPhone combo for my trailer. Now if I could just mirror the screenā€¦ ;-). To do it, I started hotspot on the iPhone and used an iPad tethered to the iPhone set up the Wyze cam from the iPad.

2 Likes

I use the cameraā€™s on my truck, the primary one is my reversing camera which works ok (wish the fps was higher) but a bigger problem is objects display on the opposite side to reality.

Would be great if I could flip/mirror the image horizontally so the curb etc Im trying to avoid on the left side of the truck is also on the left of the display.

Its surprising how difficult it makes reversing the way it is now.

1 Like

Iā€™m with BigRez on this; I load up my Explorer ST so I canā€™t see out the rear with the conventional RearView Mirror. I did manage to connect a small IP camera (that does have a mirror-image flip) and router inside the rear tailgate window, but it is cumbersome and shoots thru the glass. [I ā€˜Velcroā€™dā€™ my phone with the Wyze Beta App to the rear view mirror where my eyes would naturally go.] I would like to use my V3 magnetically mounted on the outside for the great wide angle and night view that it gives. WYZE: PLEASE give us the mirror flip and not just the 180 degree rotation!

1 Like

Wyze are now more interested in flogging third party goods than continued development of the thing that made their fortuneā€¦

Just being able to flip the image 90 degrees is a simple feature thats been asked for for over a year. No support for viewing in a web browser either.

1 Like

Sorry I meanā€™t flip 180 degrees or flip horizontally as it is usually called when included in NEARLY EVERY CAMERA APP KNOWN TO MAN. Including the free version of Tinycam which for some reason I canā€™t get to work.

Anyway its been over a year with no more meaningful feature updates so its probably never going to happenā€¦

1 Like

The wishlist item is tagged ā€œmaybe laterā€ so it has been acknowledged. Here is what the maybe later means:

• maybe-later - This isnā€™t on our internal roadmap at this point but weā€™ve seen and considered it. Sometimes features that we plan to implement later but havenā€™t come up in the pipeline are in this category.*
1 Like

Actually, this was big part of why I bought the outdoor cam. I was hoping to use it travel mode to be able to use it in the back of my RV to see traffic better and when backing up and was disappointed when it didnā€™t have the horizontal flip. I think this would get a lot of attention in the RV world having the ability to do this and then use for capturing events when parked.

1 Like

Yes please MIRROR video!!
My RV backup cam just quit SO ā€¦ I strapped one of the wireless cams to the back and it helped a TON!
But the image is backwards (left is rt, rt is left) so I have to think hard and do the opposite of what I should.

Will you add mirror please??

1 Like

Whoa. I never thought about it either. My brain hurts. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Haha, asked for this over a year ago, it would be easy for them to add this but their team is focused on flogging third party wares nowā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, I purchared 3 Cam v2, then purchased 8 Cam v3 for my house. I LOVED WYZESā€¦ I even pre-ordered the Wyze battery Vacuum.

But seems like their Company Direction changed and more focus on just $$$ rather than quality. Very disappointed, as I was thinking about switching my smart home system from Samsung to Wyzeā€¦ But with its current ditections, I wontā€¦or atleast doubtingā€¦

I first watched this post 2 years ago, as I was planning to buy 6-8 more Cam v3 for my RV, but for 2 years ā€¦ they didnt even add the most simple feature all my 8years old Samsung Camera haveā€¦ Horizontal Flip.

WYZE, PLEASE, FOCUS on your existing and LOYAL Customer Baseā€¦ Its how you can make a FORTUNE!!

3 Likes

There arenā€™t a lot of votes for this, which is why it may not be on Wyzeā€™s radar. Please make sure to vote and not just comment!

1 Like

Hey everybody!

Saw this wishlist post in the recents thought it interesting :thinking:.

I voted for it.

Just for giggles and squirts, I took a look at my cams in TinyCam Pro. I think is like $4.99 now. But they do have a Free version that should do the same.

Cam setup is a BEAR, especially if you have multiples, but it does work.

Check out my cam :point_down:! Read the Wyze Watermark and timestamp!

TinyCam WILL FLIP THE IMAGE!

Good luck yaā€™ll!

3 Likes

go all the way to the top and tap on the Vote Button

4 Likes

Thanks!! Just voted.

I just installed TinyCam Monitor Pro, and it works. I paid $3.99 for the Pro version. Free version works too, just doesnt like the ADs.

The problem I am having now isā€¦ I have no problem connecting my Houseā€™s Cam v2 & v3 to the TinyCam using the wyze login email and password. But somehow on my RVā€™s Cam v3 connected to its TL Portable Routerā€¦ I discovered those camera, but it keep saying username and password is not correctā€¦ :face_exhaling:

All cams (house & RV) are under my same Wyze account, and all can view without any issues jn the WYZE appā€¦ So must be some setting I need to figure outā€¦

This is SAD, that WYZE gave up support to their existing customers baseā€¦ This is what differentiates Rings, Samsung, Solid Brandsā€¦

2 Likes