Microphone no longer works on my Wyze Cam V2

The microphone on my Wyze Cam V2 stopped working for no apparent reason. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it several times with no good result. I would like to buy the Wyze Cam Pan, but don’t want to take the risk that it will stop working after a few months like this one did. Can anyone who has had this same problem tell me what I can do to get this one working properly again? Thank you in advance. Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Are you saying that you’re not hearing audio sent from your camera to your phone? Does this happen in the live stream, recordings (local/cloud) or both?

I assume you have checked that your phone volume is turned up and you’ve turn on sound in the app by tapping the Sound icon?

I have the camera in my kids’ bedroom. I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. I click on the microphone, it shows the voice waves when I speak, but the kids do not hear me at all. I’ve done everything I can think of, and nothing fixes it.

Yes, I’ve turn my phone volume up, and turn on the sound in the app. I’ve done everything I can think of, even uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing is working to get the sound from my phone to the camera.

Your issue sounds like the reverse of the original here. When you speak into your phone it doesn’t come out of the camera? You say you click on the microphone button? Are you holding it down? You have to hold down the microphone continuously while you speak. Also, pause for a second before you start speaking.

Yes, I hold the microphone down while I speak. The little sound waves appear, but my voice is not heard in the room the camera is installed in. The steps I follow are as follows:

1. Open the app on my phone, tap on the boys room. Turn up the volume on the speaker.
  2. Have my daughter go into the room and let me know if she can hear when I talk.
  3. Hold down the microphone, speak into the phone. Let go of the microphone.
  4. My daughter says she cannot hear me speaking.
    Everything worked great when I first installed the camera, but after the last update, the microphone stopped working. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the camera. Uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app. I don’t know what else to do. I originally bought two of the cameras. One was for my sons room, the second was for my daughters room. I only hooked up the one in my sons room. I guess I will uninstall the first camera, hook up the second camera, and put the first one away.

When you reinstalled the camera, did you do a complete factory reset? If not try that. If that doesn’t work, then keep in mind…

This forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

Yes, I did the factory reset. It has had another update since then, so I will try that again. Hopefully it will do the trick. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. I truly appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful day.

1 Like