Microphone location

wyze-cam

Hello -

Can someone tell me where the microphone is located on the V1 camera? I’d like to disable it, as I have it set up in my office, and don’t want sound to transmit. I thought it was the little hole in the front face-plate, and I put a piece of tape over it, but that didn’t do it. Is it in the back with the speaker?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, Wyze, maybe a new firmware to turn it off?

Thanks all.

Hi tbates! Here’s where the microphone is (see attached image). However, taping it might muffle some of the audio but unlikely to totally prevent recording of audio at this point.

Turning off the microphone is something we’re looking to implement in the future.

Thanks. That must be some strong mic! I have a thick sticker over it, and you can still make out conversation in my office. I couldn’t believe that that was the only mic location.

I appreciate the response.

Regards,

Toby

You’re welcome! Technically if you look at the bottom of the camera it’s a mesh design of sorts so the microphone can probably still pick up audio through there. I wouldn’t recommend sealing that as you’d need it to cool the camera. Recording without audio will be on the list for our future update.