Meteor Flash? Where’s my sky looking friends?

They worked, i see them and they both play…

Is the info within this fireball report related to your area?

5 Likes

Yes it was caught on my cameras in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I so glad to be able to share these videos to the world. Thanks for the opportunity to do so.

8 Likes

I think you’d do better setting up your traps along cracks and crevices. Mice generally don’t like to travel out in open areas.

2 Likes

Ice cream!

2 Likes

Wrong scene, I think, but a nice frame nonetheless… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know, right? That was amazing!

1 Like

Here’s one from one of my cams.

7 Likes

NICE! I love how it kept changing between Blue, to having both Blue and orange tail and then back to blue and then flashing blue, orange/yellow, orange/red!

2 Likes

Pretty cool captures! I was really surprised when I found this that morning. Local news ate it up.

Tim

3 Likes

@timw61 and @carverofchoice , looks like it was quite the witnessed event. Check out this event log:

October 5th is the best day in the land

5 Likes

Way cool! Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea that site existed.

Tim

3 Likes

That is a cool site.

I bet you could use that to figure out where it landed and go collect it if it didn’t finish burning up before landing! That looked like a big one that might have survived.

I wonder how much pro meteorite hunters make. Some Meteorites sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. One sold for $12Million. Things that got hit by a meteorite sell for for a lot sometimes too.

2 Likes

12mil??? I’m packing the truck and heading northwest! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here is some timely news.

“ The night of January 3 into the early morning of January 4 is pretty much your only chance to catch the Quadrantid Meteor Shower until next year.”

2 Likes

One our community members in the Discord Server posted this.

2 Likes

“Mark Your Calendar for These Astronomical Events in 2024”

1 Like

im late to this party but I am the space nerd.

depending on how much you can afford to travel you can make a living hunting them if you are good enough at finding them. finding rocks from a witnessed fall are very valuable. and the intrinsic value depends on what they are made of, most are make of Iron ( probably what this one was made of well that and nickel based on its burn color) but if you can find a good pallasite fall that contains gemstones from space…wow those get valuable. I have one in my collection. it is purdy.

and meteorites that hit things are called Hammerstones and they are super valuable and rare and whatever they hit is also super valuable. To date there’s only record of one person ever being hit by a meteorite and it came through the roof of her house and hit her in the thigh. Caused quite the bruise!!! I Believe that stone is on display at a museum.

2 Likes

Here is the Ann Hodges story.

2 Likes

Here is Wyze v3 video from 2021 if you have not seen it yet.

2 Likes

I’d move if I were you! LOL