Meet Wyze Cam Pan v2 - Now in Color Night Vision

Consider, though, that cam pan v1 will likely get phased out now that v2 is released. 99% of my installed base are cam pans. Should the need arise to replace a bridge-expanded cam pan, the current offering will not allow me to continue using wyze sense v1 (into which I’ve invested considerable effort). This forces me to either downgrade to stationary cams, upgrade to a monitoring service I don’t want, or inconveniently reposition cams to backfill the void. An ounce of prevention (little bit of forethought) is better than a pound of cure (separate product tracks that aren’t interchangeable). Will there be a wyze sense v3 that introduces yet another interface? Many of us would appreciate a little extra attention to continuity on core product matters like this (even with slightly higher price points)… as opposed to, say, tangential products like vacuum cleaners.

Understood that technology is always on the move. Also understood that wyze is (and has been) weathering the storm financially & supply-chain-wise like many other businesses. I try to exercise forbearance & understanding in my criticisms and not excoriate unfairly. However, the current situation leaves me with a potential service gap in the event of device failure. The sensor bridge was a clever stopgap and worked pretty well for me. In fact, they enable strategic placement closer to their associated sensors. I’ve installed all of my bridges onto forward cams in close proximity to their respective sensors for best performance… and they are very reliable.

Hindsight wishes that wyze sense had been independently hub-based from the get-go rather than all of this transitional pain. I get enough of that at work as a network administrator… :unamused: Most folks understand the need to move forward w/new products & changing implementations. Ease of these transitions should be (but don’t always seem to be) a priority. Just like the lurching scheduler launch (in place of automated shortcuts) back in 2019, too often we get a pull-the-rug-out-from-under / applecart-upset approach when smoother experiences might’ve been possible. How long before sense v1 bridges get yanked from the app with little advance notice? Seems like a good cycle to break.