Media playback controls for Wyze watch

Please have music control on Wyze watch. I’m a physical education teacher and would use this feature daily.

Mod edit adjusted title for clarity

Welcome to the Wyze community @ernowicki!
Hopefully the watch will have this feature or it I’ll be added if it doesn’t have it.
Don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

2 Likes

Many other bands/watches in this price range have a media control function to at least pause or skip whatever music may be playing. So it would be great if the Wyze watch had this option as well.

5 Likes

Same here!! I miss this feature from my fitbit ionic. Being able to change music and volume is really great!! Don’t have to take your phone out of your pocket

3 Likes

I just received my watch and I was very excited. But my excitement was tempered by the lack of controls for music. I wear my watch to the gym for 2 functions: track my steps and activity and control the songs I’m listening to on my Wyze headphones. The lack of music control will prevent me from ever using this watch at the gym. I will continue using my Samsung watch instead. I really hope Wyze comes out with this very basic feature in a firmware update.

2 Likes

Been using the watch for a few days and this is one of the features I’m hoping can be added.

Used to use a Pebble and having access to music controls, song info, etc on the wrist is great!

4 Likes

I could be wrong but based on what I’ve observed in my ~24h with the watch it’s connection to my phone appears to only be intermittent and likely triggered by a Bluetooth LE signal so a constant connection to facilitate media playback controls would likely harm battery life significantly.

I would like to be able to control my music from my watch. This is a useless fitness watch if I can’t. Will this featu be added? Also, how about being able to reply to text messages from the watch?

6 Likes

I just got this today and I feel like the screen is the only advantage over the Wyze Band. It feels exactly like what you would get from cheap smart watch.

1 Like

basically all smart watches have this option. Let’s vote this option into the watch. :blush:

6 Likes

Dead simple. When there is media playing on the phone add play pause forward back on the watch face. Better if it could show the content playing. Mostly for music ie spotify. Thanks

5 Likes

Would be really cool to have multimedia controls to control music that is being listened to on the phone. This would come in handy when working out, so you can skip tracks from the watch and not have to get your phone out to do so. Maybe include controls for the wyze headphones as well?

2 Likes

I’m pretty surprised this isn’t a feature on day 1, but I really hope it can be added via a firmware update. My Wyze headphones don’t have track control, so I was really hoping this would make up for that. It would be a symbiotic feature that I’m sure many Wyze headphone users would appreciate.

3 Likes

Actually the wyze headphones has track control. If I remember correctly it’s press the center (play) button twice to advance the track and 3 times to play previous. IMO it would be much easier if they just used the volume buttons. Hold vol up for next and vol down for prev. Watch controls would be even better though.

Yes, I was surprised that this wasn’t a feature at rollout. Adding media controls would seal the deal for me on this watch. If true controls aren’t possible, at least the ability to see what’s playing would be nice.

2 Likes

Please add at least a play/pause button so I don’t have to always get my phone out to pause the music.

2 Likes

Expecting playback / volume control is the whole reason I bought this watch. I (wrongly) assumed that would be the functionality difference over a fitness band.

3 Likes

can’t believe this thing doesn’t control music. that’s the whole reason I waited forever to get the 47; big screen is perfect for easy media control.

anyone know what the deal is with this extremely basic function?

2 Likes

it’s $20? I mean there are fitbits that look identical and are $200+. I figure that with $180 extra per unit, you can hire a software engineer to program a better OS for the watch. In a way it is “you get what you pay for”, but with this watch, I think we got a lot of watch for $20.

Media controls would be awesome to see! At least the ability to play/pause would be extremely helpful.

1 Like