Media playback Controls for Wyze Band

Loving the WyzeBand and would like to see Media Controls added. If I’m walking my dog and listening to a book/music from my phone through earbuds, it’d be great if I could at least Pause/Play Previous/Next via my WyzeBand.

1 Like

Moderator Note:

This topic has been moved from #early-access to the #wishlist. Voting is now open. For your vote to count, remember to click the VOTE button at the top.

2 Likes

Not sure if it can be done but some sort of pause/play, next media button controls.

1 Like

As with Wear OS, Tizen OS, and iOS watches they all feature at least a simplified form of media playback control with play, pause, backwar/forward, and volume up and down. This would be a stellar add to the Wyze band to make it a much greater fitness tool and fully featured wearable. If it was simply control media for what is currently playing or started that would be a great start.

2 Likes

I would really enjoy media controls. I think a “primary” screen with a play/pause button and a next-track button would be great, with the option of swiping to a secondary screen to adjust volume. Bonus points if media information can be displayed (track title/artist, or video title, or app, with time played/remaining?) but I’m not sure if there is enough screen real estate to put all that on there.

1 Like

I’m in the market for a new smartwatch, and the Wyze Band looks so promising! Since it hasn’t been fully developed yet, I thought now might be the perfect time to ask for the time to be shown on the music control screen or a way to add the time to the music control screen.

I’m a dance instructor, so being able to use Bluetooth to play, pause, skip songs, and control volume from my wrist, while my phone is connected by aux to a stereo system, makes a huge difference to my teaching. I need to be able to keep track of the time to pace my class, and hopping back and forth between the main watch screen and the music control screen is often finicky and opens more room for error that can hurt the flow of my class. Including the time is a small way to set the Wyze Band apart from the competition.

The Wyze Band seems to have so much potential and I look forward to seeing how it develops!

1 Like

I would love if I could have playback controls on my Wyze band.

1 Like

I also would love to see a downloadable media ‘tool’ for the Wyze Band. Just a simplified pause-play button, and volume up and volume down. That was the happiest function of the Fitbit (beside blood oxygen monitoring) and I really miss it!

Would love to see basic play, pause and next song on the Band. Perhaps volume control if you want to earn extra credit. It would also be a huge vote of confidence to show users Wyze doesn’t release a product and then abandon it after like three updates that are mostly just big fixes that should have never been released in the first place

1 Like