MaxDrive by Wyze (Cancelled)

I had a better look at it. So is it more like a hard drive dock? Seems similar to the toaster style dock. I used one years ago with eSata. So agree, no place for a lock.

Por favor, para MaxDrive corregir el area code de República Dominicana es 1+809

That link is in Chinese

I already have a system for backing up my phone and computer attached to my computer system that is physical and not in the cloud. Why not provide a way for us to use our existing hardware instead of creating a system where we need to buy more hardware. If you made the cams feed available for us to see and use on our computers we then can save the data the way we want to. Sounds like you are creating the wheel all over. And by offering us such low prices you are locking us into a system that is going to be restrictive and hard to get out of once everything is said and done. You would of sold us cams, sensors, drives, SD cards, mounting kits, surge protectors, etc. I don’t want a max drive. I want ownership of the feed the camera I bought and is recording my personal life. It could be done today if u release the feeds. There is no secrets needing to be researched, no complications, give us control of the cameras we own feeds.

1 Like

one acronym - RTSP
Look at beta
/edit - it seems you are complaining about low prices. From what I’ve read about the Wyze MaxDrive it is going to be a low price enclosure that will take a wide variety of SATA 3 drives and they will slap a Wyze user interface on it.

For a lot of us the small margin Wyze makes on the variety of items Wyze sells is worth it.

1 Like

Me dicen más arriba no será necesario ya que usara una nueva App con estas cosas ya corregida.

Muchas gracias :+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

Ahhhh! Good catch!

Helpful hint: If you use Chrome as your browser of choice, there is a pop-up option to translate websites in foreign languages to English. Of course, it is automated so there will be errors of context…

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

The link was just pointing out the product Wyze will be using. It’s another company selling presumably in China, so not really shady. Wyze will have the product on their website.

Google/Chrome shady?..um, ok

If you want to take control of the cams feed as u said, you’re only choice is to use the rtsp firmware. Most people using rtsp are probably not concerned about future updates as they’re using a different software.

some people are just never happy…smh

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

5 Likes

Just for the record, neither @Ken.S or @Loki are employees of Wyze.

2 Likes

1st, I am not an Wyze employee, I am a customer like the majority of the people participating in the thread. No Wyze employee directed you to a Chinese website or Chrome…why would you assume we are employees? lol

Wyze has many, many happy customers (like myself).

If you did some research, you’d discover there’s a reason why there won’t be future updates for rtsp firmware. The chip on the cam is only so big, more features require more space. RTSP apparently takes up enough space to not allow for new features…you can’t have it all pal.

Wyze has gone above & beyond adding features that have been requested. Those features were not advertised when u purchased.

again, some ppl can never be pleased…

7 Likes

Hello! I would like to address a few of your concerns:

1. Previous communications - Those you have been speaking to so far have been community members, and are not employed by Wyze. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

2. MaxDrive website - This is the website for our partner on the MaxDrive project. In an effort to bring the product to our ecosystem quickly and to provide as stable of an experience as possible we decided to leverage their expertise. Before product launch we will be posting a product page on our website.

3. RTSP - Due to hardware restraints the Wyze Cam v2 and Pan can only store the software for our current features + RTSP, or our current features + new features. This is also why the Wyze Cam v1 will not have RTSP access, it simply can not fit. We will be providing bug fixes for the RTSP firmware as needed.

I hope this helps!

9 Likes

I was going to respond directly to the tirade above, but it is so laughable, I’ll pass. Just to be clear, my suggestion was about translating websites in foreign languages to English via a browser. I guess other browsers have plugins and tools for such. Anyone is free to use any browser of their preference.

I assume most of the responders in this thread are community members like me and do not work for Wyze. Neither is this an attempt to steer anyone towards Chinese sites or Google’s “data grab”. On the other hand, anyone so paranoid about these things would be better off in some off-grid Faraday-shielded underground bunker, rather than commenting on a public forum for a product we all seem to be very interested in…

2 Likes

Back to your regularly scheduled topic :wink:

1 Like