MaxDrive by Wyze (Cancelled)

@Loki that’s good to know bout the buffering. so no matter how you take it with the now maxdrive or local they have the same limitations. Correct me if I’m wrong but cloud storage takes the first 12 and send it immediately?

3 Likes

It should support all models current to future.

1 Like

Actually, according to the first post by Max in this topic, it does not support the V1 (only the V2 and Pan).

Will we be able to sync Wyze Cams to third party NASes as well, or just MaxDrive? It would be a shame to add NAS backup to Wyze Cams only to then lock it down to a proprietary format. Likewise (likewyze?), is there any chance of the MaxDrive being able to run extra software (such as VPN hosts, web servers, and custom scripts) for power users?

1 Like

I don’t know about custom software, but I do know you will be able to use the drive (through MaxDrive’s tools) as a general NAS to store data other than Wyze video.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m trying to log at MaxDrive App, but they have an error with country code in Dominican Republic. Please change that. Country code of DR is the same as USA.

Shouldn’t this go in Beta?

MaxDrive is a product on it’s own with its own app. When integrated with Wyze, you won’t be using their app. But any troubles you do have with their app need to be addressed with them.

1 Like

Is it for sale somewhere?
besides
https://www.keywcorp.com/solutions/keyw-a-to-z/maxdrive/

MAXDRIVE is a discreet storage device that delivers the security and flexibility you need for separating different types of data. Designed and built by KeyW, MAXDRIVE is a self-encrypting, customized drive that meets SATA specifications.

I suspect there may be branding problems :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a different one. This is the one that Wyze is using:

3 Likes

And the Maxdrive by KeyW is a little more expensive,
https://digitalshield.net/products
!!

That is totally understandable! I will be keeping this post up to date, so once it is no longer a future feature I will let you know :grin:

4 Likes

Once the MaxDrive is released you will log into the MaxDrive app using your existing Wyze account!

To address @Loki’s reply, you will not need to use the MaxDrive app to link a Wyze Cam V2/Pan to the MaxDrive for backup but you will still log into the MaxDrive app for personal cloud features (backing up mobile phone/tablet or backing up files from a desktop).

2 Likes

Currently the MaxDrive is not for sale on the American market.

As for the MaxDrive by KeyW, from what I have been told there will not be able conflict with them for the name. Thanks for sharing the link! Holy cow they do charge a lot for that.

1 Like

It looks like @Ken.S got the first part of my answer taken care of for me, thanks!

As for the MaxDrive running custom scripts, this is not a planned feature but I would like to know how you would use this feature if you could. Thanks for the feedback!

I do not have a solid answer for you on this one, I will check with the Devs and let you know!

Thank you for being a supporter of ours from the start! Unfortunately the Wyze Cam V1 will not be receiving access to this update. This is because of hardware limitations for the V1, with its current feature list it does not have a lot of storage space remaining for larger updates. We will continue to support it with stability fixes and any small updates that we are able to provide to the camera however.

I will be making sure that we include some “suggested for best performance” models, but there will be no restrictions for internal drives other than the connection must be SATA 3.0 & it be 12TB or less.

So it must have ethernet cable connectivity?? How about wi-fi? Sure hope wi-fi is the way to go as we live in a very rural area and like most of the US do not have access to HI-Speed internet (yes it is true, most of the US does NOT have access to high speed internet) but do have an unlimited data plan so we hotspot (very successfully) everything in our house.

2 Likes