Mark Your Calendars - 2019 Person Detection Release

Is that a locust man/ bug? :thinking:

Yeah ,Edger the bug man cockroach

2 Likes

Edgar the Bug, the main antagonist of the first Men in Black film. He adopted the disguise of a human farmer while on Earth.

3 Likes

After reviewing my day’s events, I’ve concluded the person recognition is about 90%+ accurate. However, I wouldn’t dare have this thing alert me only when it detects a person if my security really relies on it. Misfiring 10% of the time is a good reason to have another weapon in your drawer.

1 Like

Wyze cams are not designed as a home security solution, which of course have alarms, alarm monitoring, contracts, and security hardware.

Although, buying thousands of Wyze cams in an attempt to match the lifetime expense of a security system might be just as effective. :wink:

2 Likes

I still want sharks with laser beams attached to their heads…

3 Likes

@Cooper, I tested it and my person detection still works even if I toggled all other motion detection notifications on. Did you try restarting your cameras? Although I didn’t need to restart anything and it worked fine.

1 Like

Mine also worked without restarting the camera, or changing other settings. As a matter of fact, I think any pixel-related motion settings are required, as I do not believe person detection will happen otherwise.

1 Like

Mine works with all other motion detection notifications on or Just Person on.
You have to have motion detection on or it won’t Work at all

I don’t get notifications From other events With just people turned on But I still get The clips, from other motion , Is that the way it’s supposed to work?

That is correct, that is the way it currently works

1 Like

Well I thought so but Was unsure Thanks

Maybe tomorrow everyone will have their apps updated @Newshound :wink:

2 Likes

God, I hope so, lol.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing the option for people detection at all and it says my firmware is up to date.

Heh. Do you have today’s version of the app? (v2.4.65 for iOS, v2.4.82 for Android) To see the most recent version in the iOS app store, pull down to refresh the list of apps to be updated.

1 Like

Do you just have that on the clip board at the ready to paste it in, I would get tired of typing it every time lol

1 Like

I bet he does

1 Like

I keep calling up the 100 or so times tonight I already pasted it in, lol.

1 Like

Ugh, yeah…i tried that right after i made my post i thought maybe it requires an app update and it hadn’t updated yet even though i have it set to auto update …thanks !