Mark Your Calendars - 2019 Person Detection Release

Hi @BigBurly13, really? A Wyze Bulb with the prongs? That’s great, Hopefully I can get from Amazon soon. I’m afraid that’s the only way I can purchase Wyze stuff from New Zealand, The site does not like my postcode! I am a huge fan though, slowly making my house a Cs art home" :blush:

1 Like

Oops meant “smart home”

1 Like

The weight is going to kill me before July 9th! I need to know now!

4 Likes

@HDRock, @leanbarton Hmmm. Considering the graphic and phrasing of “Only an update away,” both of you being right might suggest handshake software updating, meaning that instead of each camera needing to connect to the internet for software updates, they could transmit the update via wifi among themselves. But what if this functionality would allow it to go beyond software updates to more elaborate scenarios where each camera could communicate with each other in advanced ways?

Might this extend range by allowing cams to share wifi connection like a baton? Might a secondary cam not even require its own direct internet connection to the router if it could talk to a nearby cam that had its own connection? Might the cams be able to group in order to share a single outgoing voice announcement: “This is your conscience talking: Stay off this lawn!” Might the cams be able to interact with one another based on conditions: “If motion is detected in the garage, then waypoint the front yard cam towards the garage.” One day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m SUPER appreciative for you fielding that question–I was in the same boat! :grinning:
Thanks for having our backs without giving away any secrets!

1 Like

better be a doorbell!!

4 Likes

I’m guessing it’s not a new product due to the wording, I believe added features to the two cans via an ‘update’

3 Likes

I was going to purchase two additional WyzeCam Pan’s today. Should I wait? Will this be new hardware?

Was answered earlier up that you shouldn’t put off buying cams, so almost positive it won’t be a cam

1 Like

If V2 detects motion, Cam Pan will pan itself to a preset waypoint? Can I get a gift from Wyze if I am right? I want your Wyze sweater.

@UserCustomerGwen I am planning a hair cut for that day yes. I had no idea that would be such cause for celebration but thank you all for your interest. I will be sure to post some “after” pictures!

Thank you for your reply. I looked, but didn’t see that earlier. Guess I will go ahead with my purchase!

1 Like

@Tania They do have 2 pin converters/adaptors for LED screw in bulbs. I don’t know if this is a possibility for your situation or not, but it might work. You may be able to screw the Wyze bulb into one of these LED 2 pin converters. The voltage difference may prevent you from using these though.

Converter 2 Pin

3 Likes

I’m hoping that it means the V2 and Pan Cam are going to be fixed to do time lapse for extended time, and file size.

3 Likes

I think it’s an edible camera that eliminates the need to see an internist.

download

1 Like

Sorry, by prongs, I meant B22 kind as pic, thanks though

1 Like

Hopefully it’s an update that will stop event logging of bugs and spider webs in the night…0 sensitivity still makes them movie stars!

4 Likes

Gotcha, B22 converter 2 pin… take a look at this converter. I found several of these type.

LED Converter Screw Socket

Will my preordered bulbs ship prior to this new announcement?