Mark Events In SD Card Playback

Great!

Allow the Wyze cam to continue to trigger notifications at all times to microSD card, however, only apply the 5 minute cool off period for notifications to apply to data uploaded to Wyze cam cloud.

I realize with microSD card installed, we can save and view all streaming, however, looking through 5 minutes of video for any amount of motion triggers is impractical if not impossible.
This is the primary reason Iā€™m searching and watching other cameraā€™s because my Wyze cam is missing a lot of events within 5 minutes. I know because every once in a while when I have time to throw away, Iā€™ll sit and watch a triggered event, then go the microSD card video, replay the time stamp, (which is a little difficult to touch or navigate the precise timestamp), then watch events Iā€™ve been missing.

Alternative, perhaps to save Wyze cam cloud storage, allow users to optionally configure all trigger notifications to be saved to microSD card, and not send it to Wyze cam cloud, without the 5 minute cool down, and allow constant trigger notifications to local microSD.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking. Being able to click a link on the event page that takes you to the playback function at the particular time the event occurred would save a lot of time. Please consider this alongside placing event markers on the playback timeline

2 Likes

I would like to request a feature that would show events sort of like Soundcloud does, it would make navigation so much easier - also it would be nice to be able to add custom bookmarks on the timeline with remarks
26%20AM

3 Likes

I also agree with this! It the right after the 12 seconds is sometimes what I need to see most. And finding it again in playback is quite slow. a link directly to playback in notification would be nice. Also from Events tab too.

I actually thought thatā€™s what motiontagging did, sort of. That the tags where being recorded seperately and could be used to find places in the playback video where motion had happened. I guess not, but it would have been really useful. Why doesnā€™t the camera just record motion tags to a separate text file on the SD card. Just bsic, like the timestamp and duration of the motion. Then there could have been an interface in the playback section to jump to the places with motion. Or at the very least, download the text file and find the motion yourself and go there with the playback controls.

It would be awesome if when viewing playback the events could be shown with a different color.

2 Likes

Make it easier to find detected Events in recording stream.

1 Like

This is exactly what I would be looking for! This would be the easiest to understand for marked events, IMHO. Adding buttons to skip forward and back through each tagged event would be awesome, as well.

3 Likes

Iā€™d really like to see a different color on the timeline bar when motion is detected. It sure would make for searching for events in playback mode MUCH easier.

3 Likes

I think it would be great if there were markers for motion/events shown during playback of recorded video.

do forget you can look at the timeline of where requests in the #wishlist are in the top left area under the topic . this is currently in the research phase, so its definitely something being looked into :slight_smile: it would make a very nice addition

When an Event occurs I wish the camera would record a mark/bit in SD card, that would be displayed as a Tick Mark in the Time Line when in Playback. This way I would not have to record the times from the Apps Even screen before viewing the Playback.

1 Like

perfect.

agree! 12 seconds for me gets the shadow of someone approaching my front door, but cuts off before they get there hehe. :ghost:

After viewing the event, provide a link to jump to the same event in SD card playback.

1 Like

Yes please!

1. On the video clip, provide a link to play from SD card if continuous recording.
  2. Mark the timeline with an alarm indicator so events can be easily found when reviewing the timeline.

If you need help adding this feature, let me know!

3 Likes

This looks lovely. We can always extend this in the future to use different colors for different types of triggers (motion/sound/cat/car/etc). If you need more help, open source it so the community can lend a hand. :wink:

2 Likes

Completely agree. The event already has the date/time. It should be fairly trivial to use that data to jump to that point in time in the recording.

It would be SUPER helpful, as I frequently need to see more than 12 seconds of an event. Especially if the event was a previous day, it is a big pain to try and scroll to that point in time.

1 Like

Could we get a color coded playback bar or some markers on events? With my current detection settings I miss a few things but if I turn them up I get too many alerts. So I installed a SD card and set to always record. Now when I go to playback I just see one long blue line showing I have footage. If that blue bar was footage but then change itā€™s color when there was footage with motion or footage with audio alerts, then navigating playback would be a lot quicker.