Mark Events In SD Card Playback

There’s a separate Roadmap topic for that:

Should be easy, just repeat what you did with the record event only to here. Mark the event in blue and everything else in white, the only difference is the part in white can be viewed unlike the record event only.

Another idea here - add a button that lets you jump from short cloud recordings to the same time in full playback.
The problem solved here is that most of the times important things don’t fit in 12 sec, so you need to go to playback and manuallu find when the event took place.

Markers in playback timeline and ability to jump to next/previous event would also help, of course.

Hmm. For me it just jumps to the beginning/end of all recorded footage (I am recording non-stop).

1 Like

My zmodo camera has the events colored yellow in the playback mode. It is very useful and I’d love to see this on my wyze

1 Like

Absolutely!!! Yes please!

Im new to Wyze cameras (Love Them!!!) but I have an older Zmodo camera that has this feature implemented. On that camera, the timeline is highlighted for motion even if it occurred during the cool down period. This allows me to scrub through the timeline - just skipping to the next highlighted segment - even if there was no event. A button to go forward and back to the next highlight would be awesome too! Love my Wyze PanCam!!!

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to configure a setting to redirect the event notifications from the cloud to the SD card in the camera, possibly under a new folder/directory that is protected from being written over by the continuous recording/feed. This would allow me to pop-out the card and load it to my laptop rather than downloading each clip by viewing it from the cloud (which is very time consuming). Would be a big time saver for a person and allow me to archive what was important rather than losing it to the 14 day expiration.

This is the best option for marking events in playback.

I have continuous recording turned on and event recording for motion. I understand that I can view the continuous recording by hitting the playback button and scrolling through, and that for motion events I need to go to the events tab in the app. What seems to be missing is some indication on the scrolling playback bar of when a motion event occurred. Ideally, when scrolling through a day of recordings I should be able to see where motion events occurred. Now, if I want to see anything before or after the 12 seconds of recorded events I have to look at motion events, find the time stamps, go into the playback, and find that time period, and then view the period before and after the event. It would be WAY better if motion events were indicated in the playback bar in a different color so that we could quickly and easily go to that time period.

2 Likes

It would be incredibly useful to have tag markers (cookies?) when an event occured in the sliding playback scale. Simplifying checking the 5 minute timeout.
Bonus feature would be a button to jump to events in the playback slider.

1 Like

In case you missed it, Wyze did a video Q&A session a while ago. The subject of this Roadmap topic was addressed in the video. Here’s a link to the video and an index of the content so you can jump directly to the part that addresses this Roadmap topic.

0:40 Outdoor Cam (Dongsheng)
2:15 Wyze Sense (Mike)
2:52 Beyond Security Products (Mike)
3:30 Become International Company (Yun)
4:25 Simultaneous Streaming (Tao)
5:05 Improvements to Playback (Bugs, Fast Forward) (Tao)
5:50 RTSP (Frederick)
7:10 Google Home/Assistant (Frederick)
7:40 Apple Homekit (Frederick)
8:35 Google Integration Demo (Frederick)

2 Likes

Can we please have 24-hour notation on the playback timeline!

1 Like

Try rotating your phone to landscape and see if it isn’t 24-hour.

Thanks for the reply.
It turns out that on the iPadPro, the timeline IS in 2400 format
But on my Android, the timeline is 1200 (no AM or PM) in either orientation, while the popup is 2400

Well that stinks. I prefer 24h format, but can work either way. 12h without the AM or PM is just wrong.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why the timeline is not in 24hr format… But it would be helpful. It seems like it should be an easy fix with an app update.

1 Like

The 12 second clips in the app are not very useful most of the time. There tends to be video before and after most of the short clips that I want to look at. Usually I just get the UPS truck driving up and not the UPS driver dropping the package at my door.

It would be nice if there was a shortcut on the 12 second clip on the event page to the related video on the sd card. Unless I’m missing something I have to go back to the events list, click on home, click on the camera, click on View Playback and then search for the right clip.

There has to be a better way,

6 Likes

It sure would be a great feature. A lot of people are requesting similar features.

Another rendition to that would to show motion on the local recording during playback as highlights.

It would be great to have trigger markers or flags in the playback timeline. This would make it much easier and more time efficient when reviewing videos and trying to locate events of interest. Hope it gets added at some point in the future.

1 Like