Make home monitoring purchaces more customizable

It would be nice to be able to buy the individual components to the home monitoring system. All I really want is the leak detection! All the components should be sold individually, mainly the hub. We shouldnt be forced to buy a whole starter kit full of things we dont want.

You are correct, the Sense Hub is not sold as a stand alone unit. The leak sensors are, but not the hub.

My guess would be because the hub is sold and intended to be used in conjunction with the HMS subscription as a security system. The fact that it will work as a Sensor RF Bridge without it is a bonus for those that have one and cancel their monitoring subscription.

Some users have found new hubs on eBay or on Marketplace. They tend to go quickly since the standalone units are somewhat of a unicorn. I would strongly recommend caution though. If it is not New In Box, or a site offering no hassle returns, it is possible that it could be a used bricked unit with old bad firmware. There is no way to factory reset or manually flash the firmware on the hub. It must go thru the Wyze FW update process.

Other users have purchased the bundle kit from box store retailers, which usually come with free trials, and never activated the monitoring. The only item in the kit that can’t be used without the monitoring is the Keypad.

I searched the #wishlist and found requests to sell the old discontinued Sense Bridge separately, but I couldn’t find one for the Sense Hub. Perhaps you could submit a new request to the #wishlist.

1 Like

You can buy the Hub alone. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a pain to order, tho. :wink:

Go to the link below, they will offer you the Hub with a HMS license. Change the HMS license to monthly. Buy the Hub (you can get leak sensors there if you want), then after you get the hub, cancel the HMS subscription. They should prorate the refund to you, so it won’t cost much.

Then you just have the Hub, and whatever sensors you ordered. :slight_smile:

https://prod.services.wyze.com/purchase/hms/plan

2 Likes