Major Problem after firmware update

Same problem here. I have five cameras and three of them start giving the “No Connection” error after a day or two after being powered up. After I unplug and replug, they are fine for another day or two, but this is not feasible for the ones I have installed 250 miles away. I did the firmware update on all five at initial installation, so I don’t know if the old firmware had this problem.

I reset mine today and will see if that fixes the problem. Like some wireless routers, after a firmware upgrade, a reset is recommended. Perhaps this is the case.

I’m having the same non-connecting problem after trying to upgrade. My two cameras are remotely located too (1100 miles away).

My daughter will be on location with the cameras this weekend. Can she simply unplug the cameras? Or will she need to totally reset using the app?

Thanks!

ps-I love these little cameras!!

I have the same issue. Firmware upgrade left 1 camera unable to connect. I tried the factory reset method and that did not help. I do not see the camera MAC in my wireless router, so I am thinking the firmware upgrade corrupted the Wifi code in the camera. It worked before the firmware upgrade. Help Ticket is open, but unless there is some magic backdoor for restoring the firmware, maybe through the USB port, I think this camera is kaput.

Addendum: my trouble ticket is 21584. How can I get an RMA to exchange this camera for a working one? I would prefer a fix.

I also am having issue with one cam then another - they were working fine then went to access live video and connection keeps spinning and spinning and I tried at least 10 times to Delete device - Reinstall Device and it goes through all the steps and the light turns solid Blue on the back, but you go to look at the live cam video and circle trying to connect 1/3 comes up and sits there spinning! To send back probably is as much as the camera costs! loved these but now changing my mind if this isn’t fixed soon. What’s odd is the blue light showing all is well, when it really isn’t! Have four cams altogether, three working ok so far we shall see but the fourth is like the others say kaput!

OK so I tried deleting and reinstalling about 10 times to no avail. I then left it plugged in, deleted device and then held the reset button till the thing flashed yellow, then reinstalled once again but this time before trying to access the live video cam, I went completely Out of the APP, then went back into the APP and then to the Cam and VOILA it was there and running! I sure hope it stays running. Does anyone know if unplugging and replugging has any affect on these? I unplugged this one to put SD into it prior to the issues. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if unplugging and replugging has any affect on these?
I have most of my Wyze Cams plugged into smart outlets, so if I have an issue viewing the cam, I can power cycle it easily. There's no issue unplugging and replugging them, it actually always resolves any issues I'm having.

I tried what Calchick did, but it did not help. The camera MAC never appears in my wireless router MAC table, so I am pretty sure the code needs to be rolled back to the prior version, which worked before I did the software update. If that can’t be done remotely, I will send the camera back to Wyzecam.

I was playing with my cam last night and notice that after several time of unplugging back and forth, I notice my router was reassigning a new IP address and then the camera wouldn’t connect. I decided to assign a specific IP address to each of my 3 cameras and so far everything seems to be working. I will monitor the connections today from work and provide an update later.

I gave three cameras their own ip address but still have issue with two cameras with updated firmware that will now not connect. The one camera with original firmware is working fine from day one.

If anyone from Wyse monitors this thread, how about some feedback on this frequent issue. Will this be fixed??? Plans for a fix??? Do you recognize this as an issue???

We all can’t be wrong!!!

I gave up waiting for a response to my trouble ticket and just used the Amazon no hassle return on the messed up camera. I will NOT be doing any firmware upgrades on the replacement unit! Customer support is always the weak link with small companies. The unit obviously needs a way to load firmware via the USB port in case the WiFi radio gets hosed.

Deleting the camera in iOS… Select the camera from the device list. Tap the gear icon at the top right of the screen. You should see “Delete Device” at the bottom of the settings page.

I’m having the same problems. I got my cam 2 days ago. No connection after beta app and firmware upgrade. I got a firmware failed message. I think it said binding error. I’ve tried everything…hard reset, unplugging/plugging etc .I get a solid yellow light for a few secs after I hard reset…shuts off…no lights after that. I try holding setup and will get the “ready to connect” voice prompt, follow the prompts and get to the connecting screen and it says cant connect binding error. I filled out a trouble ticket and the only thing I got after I submitted it was “thank you for your feedback”. Should I have gotten a ticket number issued? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Update: I got an email:

Support ticket #22364

Good!

Please post their response here. Did you try deleting App on your viewing device, and reloading? That was their suggestion to me, and initially worked, but a couple days later, same issue.

M

About 4 hours after the return to Amazon went in the mail I received a lengthy email from Mariah Edidin at Wyzecam that contained a procedure for retrieving internal data from the camera for troubleshooting. Of course, I could not do it. Perhaps others will receive the same information, which involves a 3rd party service called RouteThis, and be able to resolve issues without a return. My replacement camera will be here day after tomorrow and I will skip the firmware update until this is resolved.

Thanks! I hope they can help me fix it without sending it back. I haven’t heard back from anyone yet. I posted on Reddit also. I will follow up when I hear back.

I’m still trying to connect remotely to my two cameras. On a whim, I tried deleting the app from my mobile device, reinstalling app. Nothing. Camera tries to connect but after an hour, I gave up.

when I’m onsite in a few weeks, I’ll reset the cameras. Hopefully we’ll have an answer before then. My cameras worked great until that last firmware update.

Update:

My cam was deemed defective. I’m getting sent a new one. It seems like they have a known issue with this happening and are working on a fix. I would advise holding off going to the beta Android version and updating to the latest beta firmware until it’s fixed. That was what seemed to cause my issues.

Thanks to Gwendolyn Evans | Customer Service Agent and Chris Borgstadt | Client Service Agent for assisting me very promptly and getting me a new unit sent out!

Robert

Telephoned Wyze Cam customer service AGAIN and was told that “other customers are being helped and that I am #2 IN THE QUE!”. After 15 minutes of music, I am told “by recording” to try the website for a faster response… then Wyze disconnects the call and DIAL TONE ! Per their instructions last Friday, I sent an email and still NO RESPONSE!

Only two issues:

1. Is it possible to power the camera with the full size USB port rather than using the microUSB port.

2. Camera connection issues. I.E. random disconnecting and failing to connect.

3. No response from customer service…it’s like NO ONE IS HOME. I OWN 10 OF THESE CAMERAS AND AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS.

#2 Is a HUGE issue and will kill this product.