Mac app is a must have!

These iPhones and iPads are not made to remain on 24/7. So the iPad keeps shutting off low battery at 5:30 AM daily now. The charger will not both power and charge the iPad in a single 24 hour period. Please create software for the Mac we desperately need it in order to view the cameras 24/7 on a computer monitor or laptop instead of the iPhone and iPad. It simply does not make the grade for security.

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

6 Likes

Why would you need to view them 24/7? The idea behind Wyze is the availability. I don’t want to look at my cameras 24/7. But when I do. I want to pull them up? If anything, I wouldn’t want a program for MAC, I would want a browser based application so it can be viewed from all devices.

3 Likes

I would also like to see a program that I can view on my BIG iMac instead of my iPhone or my IPad , if for nothing else, at least for event playback without having to remove the SD card.

3 Likes

You can vote for a desktop viewer here:

That said, are you using the iPad’s original charger. It sounds like you may be using an underpowered one. I can’t say what amperage you need without knowing the exact iPad model.

7 Likes

Exactly Loki,

The reason here is the iPad cannot view the cameras continuously and a computer and monitor offer a larger screen and the possibility of multiple cameras being viewed simultaneously. This is our goal here, to view more than a single Wyze Cam on a single device, simultaneously. The computer offers the ability to be monitored continuously without being shut off and it also offers multiple camera views on a single device monitor. Or hopefully this will be the case. And Mac is the platform we utilize the most in Mac computers, iPads and iPhones.

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

1 Like

Just FYI, the current app release does provide camera grouping, which in turn provides the ability to view multiple cameras simultaneously.

2 Likes

Mac app pretty please!

1 Like

There’s a new #wishlist topic on this: Bring the Wyze iOS app to macOS (Catalina, Catalyst). Please hop over there and vote for it. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

1 Like

100% agree

1 Like

and the mac is on all the time, in the office is better than get your phone out of the pocket, besides, yi home is not better company nor camera anda have one and very good too.

Sorry, the Apple Pro Photography Software - Aperture, STOPS working in Catalina. FAIL, again !!
Whatever happened to backwards compatibility?