Lower minimum brightness for Wyze bulbs (dimmer)

Can the light bulbs be made to go dimmer than the minimum setting?

I do wish the bulbs would get dimmer. The lowest setting is still very bright (especially at night).

8 Likes

I third that opinion.

6 Likes

I completely agree. I love the bulbs, but even 1% brightness is still very bright!

7 Likes

yes please 1% is still like 200 lumens. Id love to order more, if they can dim more we will see

6 Likes

The range of fully bright to fully dimmed is not very noticeable - is it possible to have the light dim completely?

4 Likes

The bulb is so bright even if it’s set to 1%. I would like to see even more dimmer.

4 Likes

Hello

I just bought the wyze bulb 4 pack.i would like to request a dimming feature that goes beyond your current dimming.

Reason for this is we would like to use this like a night light. So we are looking for dimming that can bring it down to just a candle light lit

6 Likes

Yes… please look into this.

1% is not truly 1% brightness… the scale is misleading.

Shouldn’t this thread be tagged with wyze-bulb, so it isn’t lost in the ocean of cam-related requests?

5 Likes

I believe they are looking at how to better situate the forum, this could be another area to separate things off via product.

1 Like

I don’t think we’re going to start tagging the #wishlist requests by product in addition to development stage. But if you search the #wishlist for “bulb”, you will pretty much get every bulb related request.

2 Likes

I agree. This bulb at 1% is much brighter than anticipated.

Wish List:
Allow lower brightness levels.
Sunrise/sunset option in the automation options for turning bulbs on/off.

6 Likes

The minimum brightness is determined by the hardware so we unfortunately can’t really adjust the minimum brightness. However I hear the request and we are making sure to take it to account for future products. Thanks for the request!

12 Likes

Would love to see the minimum brightness be even lower than what it currently is. I have 3 bulbs in my bedroom, and even at 1% brightness, they are much brighter than the previous bulbs I had been using. I have other bulbs in my house on dimmer switches which go much dimmer than what Wyze considers 1% brightness as well.

5 Likes

@mike.s Not sure I follow. By hardware, do you mean the bulb itself, or the fixture in which the bulb is installed? Are you saying a firmware update to existing bulbs couldn’t make them go any dimmer?

Mike is referring to the innards of the bulb itself.

This would be great if you could make the lights go dimmer but it not that’s ok. I am assuming that you would have to create a brand new light bulb to make it go dimmer. Maybe you could include that in the full color light bulb.

3 Likes

Can 1% settings in brightness settings for bulbs may be less bright?

Logic behind wishlist… There is almost no noticeable change between 20% increase rates. sure 100% is brighter than 1% but for nighttime 1% vs 20% is almost the same (and to maybe be used more as nightlights in hallways or common areas a lower setting (%) at 1% could be really nice.

2 Likes