Loud static noise on Wyze Cam V3

On Wyze v2 there has always been a low static noise on recordings or when live viewing…
But now my 2 new V3’s… the static is horrendous… why?

See the video attached, so you can hear it… and it’s always super quiet outdoors because I live in the country.
The AC is not ON… it’s super quiet outside…

2 Likes

Yeah It’s pretty bad… I hope they can fix this with an firmware update!

1 Like

We’ll see - I really hope is a firmware issue and not that both cameras are bad.

I just checked my v3 recordings and I have the same thing. I compared it to my v2, pan, and WCO and it seems like they all have some sort of static/white noise if I turn my volume up, but none of them are as loud as the v3’s.

Chalk this up to another one with static.

I have the same issue. Have the v2 and the v3 in the same room. The v2 you hear the tv. The v3 all you hear is static. Seems the mic is picking up the white noise from its speaker. Hope there will be a fix.

I am exchanging them for two new ones… if the new ones have the same issue, I will be getting a refund and look for a different brand.

Any updates on this? I have submitted logs and just recently updated firmware and I am still seeing this issue.

Got the new cams… opened one of them and it had the same exact issue with the static… didn’t even bother opening the other box… working with Wyze on returning them.

So this means it’s an issue with the v3s instead of a bad batch we got.

1 Like