Loud noise from speaker Pan Cam

wyze-cam-pan

I got a Wyze Cam Pan for Christmas. Almost every single day and sometimes multiple times a day I get a loud feedback type of noise from the camera. I am not trying to use the talk feature when it happens like in other posts I have seen here. The camera just randomly starts making this loud noise. Sometimes it is short maybe 2-3 seconds. Other times it can last for up to 30 seconds. Has anyone else had this issue?

Can you post a recording of the noise?

As a new user I am not allowed to upload the video. But here is a dropbox link to it.

Mod Note: Video link downloaded and re-uploaded so it now works.

@DreadPirateRush thinks it sounds like a stuck motor. I agree.

You will probably have to get a replacement. You can file a support request here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You should include a link to this forum topic.

So I submitted a ticket a week ago about this. I haven’t heard a peep from Wyze Support.

Is this typical? I am ready to return my cam and order another one if I am not going to get any support.

They have been experiencing a delay lately when it comes to support tickets.

That is on the long side. Please post your support ticket number here and I’ll see if I can get someone from Wyze to respond.

Thanks for the video and ticket number! Loki drew this post to my attention and I just sent you a response through our support center. We’ll get this sorted out for you soon and apologize for the delay. :slight_smile: