Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification & Log

Ok my bad.

1 Like

The V2 camera needs to reconnect to wifi always. Currently on some occasions the camera cannot reconnect and defeats the purpose of having it.

There are also many reviewers in Amazon mentioning the same issue.

This is something that should be dealt with via a

Support Request

I would really like to see a push notification that communication was lost with the Wyze Cam. If you are monitoring an area such as a puppy pen or motorhome, it could be crucial to know that suddenly that camera(s) are no longer connected!

2 Likes

Yep, a must have, voted. :+1:

Any chance of getting notifications when a senor goes offline for some reason?

1 Like

Hereā€™s how I solved the push notification issue

More tips about general connectivity problems here.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s related to the newest ios app version, but ever since the app updated, my cameras seem to be going offline a lot. However, the Wyze app will still show my cameras that are all grouped as ā€œonā€. Itā€™s only when I click on the camera group will I see that all my cameras are ā€œofflineā€. We need a notification if these things go offline!

1 Like

I work on another IOT platform of stuff from both cloud and IOT device side, offline notifications (with an offline threshold that is long like 5-10 minutes) or programmable time frame by the user. It is key for any self managed solution. Its one thing to self manage a set of IOT devices, but you canā€™t self manage by being in the app all the time, so the platform needs to notify users on self managed exceptions.

This needs to be across all devices, not just cameras.

1 Like

A feature common across many, if not all, self service IoT platforms is notifications when things are offline. Offline can be battery dead, WiFi dead, out of range, or really anything. This is to provide the user a notification when this occurs so that the user can then go investigate further:

1. MVP - Notification for all devices when offline that can be toggled on/off. Offline would be 5 minutes of no communication (or whatever minimum threshold for heartbeat/status update)
  2. Next phase allows the user to select the time period of offline for the notification (default 5 minutes, allow the user to program longer.

Without this, the user has to be constantly in the app to determine if everything is online or not in a truly self service management mode.

1 Like

A heartbeat monitor from Wyze-> IFTTT is needed , & interested Wyze users could be provided with a mailing list so we are notified when the link is not working. As things are Wyze users are left wondering if it is a problem with their setup or the result of a api token reset (e.g. following the data leak)
thanks

Has anyone thought about setting up a notification when the camera or bulbs has no power? Or does this exist in an upgraded version?

1 Like

There are quite a few other camera manufactures that do this, not sure why Wyze hasnā€™t implemented this yet

It defeats the entire purpose of this product if my wifi is down or there is a power outage, and I have no idea my Wyze cam is offline. Could the app ā€œpingā€ the camera at set intervals to check itā€™s still connected to power/internet, and alert my phone if it isnā€™t? Thanks

2 Likes

Depending on what types of router or other smart devices you have you can use ifttt to tell you when they go offline. I have one set up on a particle.io device but I am sure other devices have the same types of events

Sometimes the usb is removed, [MOD EDIT] kidsā€¦ Iā€™d love an alert for a removed camera

[MOD EDIT: Post edited to conform to Wyze Community Guidelines.]

Weā€™re using the Cam Pan as a baby monitor and would like an audible alarm when the app either loses connection to the camera or the image freezes (image stream drops to 0 KB/s). We know these issues are likely caused by our WiFi network but it would be good to be woken up when this happens with an audible alarm and have the option to enable or disable this alarm in the app. To be clear this would only alarm in the app and not on the camera. We donā€™t want to wake up the baby.

Thanks for your consideration.

I also need this

1 Like

Wyze needs offline notifications for all of their devices not just the camera. The batteries die in the door break and motion sensors all the time.

In fact it would be nice if certain events were logged. It would be nice to know if a cameras reboot was caused by a power outage and not part of a scheduled task. Another alarm/event if a cameras angle has moved.

Other logged events would be nice as well, if the camera has a SD Card inserted but isnā€™t writing to it.

In general it would be nice to know when things are not operating normally. As our Wyze ecosystem increases in size we expect things to just work. We cannot baby sit these devices to make sure the product is functional.

Please Wyze give us an automated way to perform health checks against our installs.

1 Like

Hi,

I wish if Wyze Cam V2 could send notification when it is going to go offline and comes back online after a power outage, the duration for how long it was out and time and day.

Thanks,
Rashmi

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission.]