Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification & Log

Right.

The device should check in with the server on regular intervals and if not connected maybe should ping the device if no response then please send notifications.

My devices get disconnected regularly. And I don’t know until I check.

Wyze please

1 Like

I hear your pain… I’ m at the point of frustration as the snapshot is my daily alerts of Wyze disconnecting from the router which is a deco mesh . At A Loss……!!

1 Like

Hello

I have constant issues with my wyze watch not staying connected to my phone. (and a few other products from time to time)

It would be nice if the watch could alert you if is not or it has not connected and synced.

Perhaps this could happen every hour or few hours to ensure you are not missing much. I put my phone down and rely on alerts from my watch however only come to find out hours later there are missed calls and messages that were not received by my watch.

Likewise it would be nice if the app could notify you if a camera looses connection or power.

Thank you

Nearing 3 months…any update Kenny?

1 Like

Hi there, thanks a lot for an amazing product you did and support!

Could you please add an additional option in notification settings:

Notify me if one of my cameras went offline?

That would be a very useful feature.

PS Amcrest has this feature for a long time already.

2 Likes

This great idea is hanging here for over 2 years, is it really that hard to implement this feature into the app?

3 Likes

It seems Wyze developers have been AWOL for a years. This feature is a no-brainer, as is landscape mode in the app.

2 Likes

Good luck getting any actual responses. They are probably busy reinventing a toaster.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a notification that the power has failed for the home monitoring system. The app currently shows the battery percentage when you click on the base station. I’d like to see a persistent banner in the app until the power is restored. I’d love for an email or txt notification of the power loss. This would be perfect to go with the built in backup battery.

1 Like

Even my Obihai OBI200 & OBI202 for VOIP sends an email when the internet is down.

2 Likes

My internet was out all day and I did not recieve any notifications that my system was offline. I’m pretty dissapointed.

1 Like

Can a log be added along with alerts that my camera has lost power of signal? Without this, there is no way of knowing if someone has cut my power or internet to steal items from our building. Thank you.
Jason

1 Like

WIFI ( DISCONNECTED ) NOTIFICATION

lIVING IN AN APARTMENT - WITH 176 UNITS
AND MAINTENANCE WITH MASTER KEYS
ALSO ACCESS TO WIFI ROUTERS IN THEIR OFFICES

EASY TO DISCONNECT - GO INTO APARTMENT YOUR CAMERAS ARE DISABLED !

MAJOR SECURITY FLAW
THIS IS A NO BRAINER - YET IS NON EXISTENT IN WYZE - AN IMPERATIVE FUNCTION !

YET THERE IS ( NO NOTIFICATION IF THE WIFI HAS BEEN TURNED OFF ) WHILE I’M AWAY !

1 Like

Would like to see about getting notifications when a camera is turned off/on and loss of power. Say someone can hack in and turn off the camera or unplug its power source out of range of the camera seeing anything, this would be an ideal warning to check things out further or have a neighbor check on your house.

Hi guys,

I wanted to add a feature request. I have 5 cameras currently and I want to make sure that they are not disconnected, powered off or not connected. So for that I would request wyze to add a rule for that so that me and other users can easily be notified if any device/camera is plugged out, not connected or powered off by someone who has access of it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Can you add wyze app notification feature when a device is offline?

3 Likes

i’m here because tplink stopped supporting ifttt device disconnects (or any sort of disconnect alert), so i either have to build a seperate system to make sure home security cameras work… or wait for wyze to aggregate this functionality across all it’s users.

here is the tplink announcement of dropping of ifttt support (mentioned by many, many people both here and other threads regarding getting aroudn wyze’s lack of this feature).

that workaround no longer exists!

Feature to detect power outage for Cam-v3

I’ve a snoopy roommate who turns off the power where my Wyze cam v3 is located so that she goes undetected when she enters my private space. Would be nice to have a feature that timestamps when the power is turned off/on for the camera.

1 Like

Wyze cam down notification.

Please make it possible for the app to notify people when Wyze Cam becomes unavailable. This will improve security if someone cuts down internet for malicious reasons.

Email or text if something not connected to cloud

I think it would help make sure I address if something I have setup for cam plus is not connected to the cloud. Not just for the issues with what is going on now, but for those random times I have to reset a device. Rather than having to wait until I happen to check them.