Loose WYZE cam V2 base - swivel

Yep, that’s one solution. There are others. And if Home Depot will accommodate you by all means take advantage. Just remember that plastic to plastic fit is affected by temperature, air pressure, and humidity. So your mileage may vary.

Agreed. Exactly why I just opted to ‘fix’ mine as opposed to going the return route.

Feedback should still be important to Wyze which is why I brought it up.

2 Likes

We appreciate the feedback and I’ve shared it with the team. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI, I got my V3 a few weeks ago (vacuum bonus) and the swivel is very loose. It would probably be OK indoors in a place where it wouldn’t get bumped or feel vibrations, but I’m using it outdoors and have to readjust it quite often. I’m tempted to try squeezing some silicon into the grove on the base to see if that will add some friction.

Otherwise it’s a a nice upgrade from the V2.

That’s probably a good solution. I took mine apart and added too much silicon and ‘fixed’ the swivel. The original V2s were just right but something happened in manufacturing to allow too much swivel.

Maybe this is solved somewhere already, maybe not.

I have the Wyze V2 outdoor cam. The very bottom of the camera base was loose. It would not hold my camera in a steady position.

The bottom of the square base has a square rubber seal. Pry off the four corners of the rubber seal, and you will find a very small #0 Phillips screw. Remove all four screws. Remove the square base.

Then you will see the place to tighten. The bolt has a lock nut, so you need to hold it will a needle nose pliers diagonally as you tighten the Phillips head (#1) screw.

It’s really not that difficult.