Loose base

I have five v2 Wyze Cams, three that are firm and two (received recently) that are loose. I took one apart to see what might be the issue and found that the base design is two plastic plates screwed together in the middle around the case which are supposed to create enough friction to hold the base snug. Since my older three cameras are firm and the two new ones loose, one possibility is that the case thickness was decreased without the base being updated to match. As others have suggested, adding a shim will add some friction, however I found another option.

What you want to do is remove one of the two screws from the bottom of the camera and use it to screw together the front and back plates as tightly as you need (don’t go too tight or it will not move at all!). In addition to the two screws there are clips that hold the base on, so I do not think you should need to worry about the base falling off with only one of two screws, however you could always use a similar screw to be safe. Just make sure that the screw is short so you do not damage the sensitive electronics inside the case and with a small enough head that it does not prohibit the base from closing. Take a look at the attached photos and you will see that the factory screw is long enough to connect the plates but does not completely go through so that is about the size that I would use.

2 Likes