Loose base

support

Is there any way to tighten the rotation of the camera on the base? I have four cameras, two of them are “snug” and will stay in the position I set them but the two others are loose and require creatively snaking the usb cable to keep them in place.

That is a good question. The first 3 Wyze cams I ordered were all very loose. I ordered 3 more and the first one I unpackaged was snug so I’m thinking they fixed it, but the other 2 were loose. It seems to be the luck of the draw to get a snug one. You averaged way better than me. I have a couple under the eave of a metal building. I rotate to base to the rotation limit and use a little cable tension to keep it against the rotation limit.

Assuming it is at least a semi-permanent location, a little dab of silicon over the joint where it rotates should keep it in place while not being impossible to move it if needed (unlike epoxy).

Make sure the two little phillips screws on the bottom are snug. That can make a little bit of difference.

Then, similar to the suggestion above, you can put a tiny piece of tape or a sticker over the seam between the round part that rotates and the rest of the base. Just be sure not to cover the setup button or the SD card slot or the ventilation/speaker holes.

Finally, tighten the screw where the gray base attaches to the white camera to keep that adjustment from moving.