Log and notification of device logins

i voted for this thread. I think this is a good security enhancment for people like me who cannot enable 2FA because my wife and I use the same account(tried using different account and had issues accessing memory card videos). So this was it will help keep track of who all are connected to acccount. we do share our account login at times with my mother and mother-in-law who baby sit our son.

I have noticed the restarts on my pan and cam v2 and read through the other thread. But at that time i wished more if we had this feautre would have given peace of mind that no one else has access to camera.

3 Likes

I would like to see Wyze implement email notifications that notify the user of a login attempt from an unrecognized device. Any new login attempt from a new device will trigger this notification (regardless of 2fa or not), The notification will also give the user specific details, to help them identify the attempt, such as date, time, and device information (ie: iOS app) from the login attempt. The notification would also allow the user an option to change their password and enable two-factor authentication if they believe the login attempt was fraudulent.

6 Likes

Considering the recent security concerns, I hope this item moves to the To-Do list they’ve made with regards to security upgrades in the near future.

5 Likes

Hello! The fact that your top priority right now and for the upcoming months is about security because of the recent happening that involves us (user’s data) ,I wish there’s a feature in the app that shows who is currently viewing the camera base on the list of emails the specific camera was shared. - May be a dashboard of RECENT AND ACTIVE SESSIONS showing the email address, device, date and time started and ended, (if its recent logins) Time started (if its an active session) and Date and time of last activity. the feature can only be access by the owner/sharer of the wyze cam. In this way, we are empowered to check and see if there’s another person other than the person we shared and allowed to view the camera. I’m sure, this ability/feature will strenghten the security of our (wyzecam owners) privacy.

4 Likes

Hi there

could this app have an add on feature to record down all the login events
for example, I have the app installed in couple of iOs/Android devices and they shared the same account.

if it could track down those devices login activities such as:
IP address
device type
login time and date

these info would help to increase the level of security so that the owner would know if there is any suspicious activities or signed in from unknown device from any suspicious IP

Cheers

3 Likes

In light of the security breach, i feel wyze really needs to get proper logging to be available either via the app or website .

show userids connected to cameras, and the action they took
eg changing a setting (would help front line staff as well to work out mysterious reasons cameras are turned off or motion tagging disables for no reason)

ip address user connected from or at least suspected origin location .

option to revoke the users token if suspect activity
Moderator Note: See this #wishlist topic: Ability to force log out of all devices - #2 by Loki

proper multi level access/ role base access control instead of the current 1 super user and shared model. Giving Acces to share a camera that lets them turn it off/on isn’t great. Sharing the main account so people can view the SD footage and have full control also isn’t great.
Moderator Note: See this #wishlist topic: Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

email notifications as well as app notifications

notification if camera has gone offline or has been switched off, or better yet allow notification for different events/tasks that are user controllable, happy for my inbox to get spammed and check it later
Moderator Note: See this #wishlist topic: Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification & Log

Yes this will create additional work, but moving into more smart locks and other devices more logging will need to be required as it starts to protect high value assets.

Or someone alive that get access to your account and live streaming video of your house.

The app should give me the ability to view which devices are logged in under my account.

4 Likes

I agree logging is a critically important feature. Our apartment flooded while we were gone and my insurance company needs proof that I accessed the camera on a particular date in order to give me coverage.

feature that allows you to see your login history with different Mac addresses IP addresses city-state time login like amount of time logged in be very very helpful.I understand the sharing feature and how it works but if someone gets ahold of your device and is able to kind of sneak Lee login without you knowing it and then use your 2-step verification without you knowing that they could be logged in and you would’ve knew unless you’re trying to read you your pay back like I was and told you can’t because somebody else is watching it

2 Likes

It would be nice to have a non-delete sign in log so we can see when people logged in and make sure our accounts have not been hacked. If it could state what devices logged in that would be cool too.

4 Likes

Hello fellow Wyze Fans,
My camera recently started panning in the mornings by itself, the thumbnail is also changing. This behavior is concerning to me especially with all the talks about hacked smart home devices. I have changed my password and reported the issue. My recommendation, could we have an access log on the app as so many others provide? I would love to see what IP address has viewed my feed, just for some piece of mind.

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

alright wyse where are we on this we have waited a year + i realize you listen to your community but the community doesn’t prioritize based on security this is something that needs to be prioritized from within the company. im requesting that this be brought off the wishlist and be fast tracked due to general safety and security. community knows best to prioritize enhancements not security. so with that being said where are we on getting camera access logs from all users not just shared accounts. thanks

4 Likes

My cam pan started moving by itself and zooming my face while I tried to unplug it. [Mod Edit] It’s creepy. My cams are prob. Hacked…

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

It would be nice to see what IPs or usernames have access the accounts and cameras. I had to change my password and switch my 2FA from SMS to the app due to someone trying to gain access to my account.

Does changing the password boot all logins off and if not we should be able to manage the devices linked or logged in.

3 Likes

This is a big issue. I’ve reset my Wyze password a couple of times, but someone seems to keep bypassing the feed. I work, my wife to be is a stay at home. The mornings I leave the house and she doesn’t get up, there’s usually someone pounding on the house somewhere, but we can never find where. The camera’s get reset, disabled, turned off, memory card is ejected, or maybe even denied WiFi service. Oddly enough, these are only the mornings where my wife doesn’t leave the bedroom, so no camera anywhere sees her. I’m dealing wish someone who knows their stuff and the Wyze system is completely failing me. I have sensors on all exits, motion throughout the house, and about 10 cameras. However, they’re all useless if the WiFi is disabled and the memory cards get ejected via the app. Even the bridges to the sensors tend to fail at key moments. It’s all to coincidental. Either the Wyze platform is very, very buggy in general, or I have a tech head that knows their stuff that loves messing with us. Sad part is, most of my neighbors only know their head from their butt cause you can only drink beer from a can from one over the other.

The Wyze platform lack many features, such as…

• Resyncing info when reconnecting to WiFi, even if no video to send.
  • A central log file to check device status.
  • An actual audio/visual alarm system outside of a cell phone.
  • Warnings when SD card ejects/fails.
  • Warnings when sensor bridges stop working.
  • Slightly better rules options, such as “blink” to turn a lamp into a visual alarm.
  • Access logs for known devices.
  • They should make hardwired cameras that avoid wifi denial of service.
  • Eventually have a hub unit that can have backup cellular service to send alerts, among over features mentioned above.
  • Also, a programmable button keychain to change how the system responds to coming home and leaving or to turn on and off devices. Sure I can create rules for a cell phone, but convenience is key for proper usage.
4 Likes

Is their still no way to see who has accessed your account and when? Just simple ip address and date/time?

4 Likes

Nope. They are busy making watches and scales and crap.

3 Likes

Now that you can access heating and cooling systems, door locks, irrigation, and security systems this needs be implimemted.

Should someone gain access to an account serious damage can be done. If you’re serious about being a leader in smart home products you need simple account level logging.

1 Like

If they were serious they would have implemented browser or PC support. They are just a money grab corp. They do not care about their customers.

Why have cams if you cant have one running fulltime to look up at when you hear something outside. I bought a tablet and mounted it to the wall, but the feed times out. Now with that said why would they list all the active devices. They wont. They would rather make Headphones, vacuums, and watches than make their product worth using as security. One of the admins called their products toys and if I want real security to go buy a real security camera.

Everything they make is a xiomi ripoff. Xiomi is blacklisted in the USA. This is the loophole around that blacklist.

2 Likes