Local Storage: The tale of one camera, and to apps

I have an iOS phone, and an Android tablet - both with the Wyze app. Let me be blunt: The iOS Wyze app is terrible.

Connected to my home wifi, using my Android device, when I look at Advanced Settings > Local Storage, I can see the 32GB card is installed on my “Critter Cam,” and I can even view playback perfectly.

Connected to my home wifi, using my iOS device, when I look at Advanced Settings > Local Storage, this is what I get (the circle of waiting death):

I am submitting a feedback/ticket (21879), but I wanted to ask if anyone else with both platforms can verify.

Thanks.

I have iOS phones and tablets and an Android Phone (Pixel 4) and my experience goes both ways. Some days the Android connects with no issues, and some days the iOS devices do. Some days they both have issues and some days neither has issues.

It also can be affected by a particular app version. Sometimes when they release a new app version the Android version has serious issues while the iOS is fine. Sometimes it’s the opposite way, and once both had serious issues.

In other words YMMV but it seems to even out in the end.

1 Like

I can verify @rbruceporter‘s experience with IOS-sometimes yes, sometimes no. Unfortunately I don’t yet have an Android device.

1 Like