Livestream Issue

Wyze Cam V2 - Firmware 4.9.1.60 Software 1.3.112 ; IOS 11.3.1

I am having the same issue with the live stream video being choppy. I have a 2-3 second delay whether I am on LTE or WiFi. The only time that it is not choppy or lagging is when I am on my home network. I have reset the camera and reinstalled all the software but the issue still remains. I also downloaded the new 1.3.116 release but the problem still occurs. Also when I attempt to playback video from the sd card it also has the same choppiness as the live feed.

If I view an alert from the cloud the video and sound if clear and fluid.

Experiencing the same thing with v1 cam on sd card motion video. Might be the same on Livestream, did not test that out.

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/cloud-motion-detection-vs-sd-card-motion-detection/#post-140309

UPDATE!!

Just reverted v1 firmware from 3.9.3.62 to 3.9.2.30 and no more choppy or laggy video over LTE live stream!! Come on Wyze, make the chop go away with the most current firmware!

I then updated it again to .62 and the 3 second lag / chop was back.

3.9.1.102 also works!!

Anybody at Wyze—

any update on this issue? Still seeing the choppy video and 3 second time jump all the time. Looking for a new firmware to address.

I just posted my below comment last night. Looks like we are all forced to revert the firmware until wyze cam figure this out.

Just reverted v1 firmware from 3.9.3.62 to 3.9.2.30 and no more choppy or laggy video over LTE live stream!! Come on Wyze, make the chop go away with the most current firmware!

I then updated it again to .62 and the 3 second lag / chop was back.

3.9.1.102 also works!!

Same here, just updated firmware and nothing but choppiness. Too much to really use the cameras.

Thank you

Wyze Cam V2 – Firmware 4.9.1.60

I am having the same issues.

WC V1 after update live video choppy. Cloud video fine. Same choppy video one Wifi / Lte. Waiting patiently for fix.

And if you turn off cloud motion and sound detection, is your live stream ok? What about what gets recorded on the mSD card? (If you use one).

I ask because I am experiencing the same thing but only when a cloud motion/sound video gets uploaded.

<li style="text-align: left;">I just turned all motion, sound, c02, smoke detection off and the problem was fixed!! But as soon as I reloaded the camera, it was back :( I tested this possible fix with my other cams and same result. Sometimes it fixes it for a minute or so, but problem always returns.

The 12 second video clip uploaded to the cloud for motion or sound detection records fine and plays back without being choppy even away from home.

When sound/motion detection is turned off, it will not upload a clip to the cloud and will not record to the SD card if set to Record Events Only. Continuous Recording will always record to the SD card no matter the detection settings and is accessible from the app. The continuous recording playback and livestream is what is choppy while away from home (LTE or WiFi). However…it is hit and miss for me…sometimes it will playback/livestream fine, but 95% of the time it is choppy 2-4 seconds, even with high speed LTE (50mbps +).

Wyze knows this started with recent firmware updates and needs to fix this. It makes live viewing and 2-way communication useless. Hope this helps…

Everything jaybro130 said in his post is 100% correct. Describes my issue that prompted me to start this post in the first place.

Especially the last part - “Wyze knows this started with recent firmware updates and needs to fix this. It makes live viewing and 2-way communication useless. Hope this helps…”

It’s well past time for this to be fixed.

Thanks all.

same. Power cycled cam. now it plays fine…for a while

There was a new version of the iOS app launched this morning (1.3.134). Please update to this version and let me know if the problem continues so we can look into it.

Some addition changes include:

• Fixed an issue that caused app crashes when live streaming
  • Alert notifications now take the user directly to the videos instead of the alert video list
  • Added clear cache option
  • Remember user’s last alert schedule setting that is not all day
  • Some UI changes
  • Other bug fixes

Thanks everyone!

It works!!! Hallelujah!! Good job Wyze team. Took a while but all my cams are live streaming over LTE just fine now.

IOS app version 1.3.134

v2 version 4.9.1.60

v1 version 3.9.3.62

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know that everything is working now.

Again, if anyone continues to have this issue please let me know so we can look into it!

Looks good to me also!

Thanks for the fix Wyze. Much appreciated.

What about the Android version? I’m still having choppy live feed issues on my Android 7.0. Thanks.

Sorry you are still having this issue! Could you please submit an app log by performing the following.

Open the app, and reproduce the issue -> Go to My Account -> Help & Feedback -> Tap the green ‘Feedback’ at the bottom, include a brief description of the issue and that I requested it and then let me know the ticket # here so I can get the log to our Dev team to investigate. Thanks!

Perfect! Thank you for your patience on this matter and sorry for the issues!