Live View on Android Tablet via wifi

I use the cameras for security and need to use live view for 6-8 hours at a time. Seems this work better on my android phone via a cellular connection. I lose video very often and the app seems to crash when I try to view the cameras (4) using live view via wifi on my android tablet. What can I do to make this better?

1 Like

Tell us a little about your system. What specific model of Tablet? What Android OS? How fast is your router?

Thank you for responding. I have a LenovoPad #TB-X103F running
Android 6.0.1. I have Verizon Fios internet 75/75. Please let me know if you
need anything else.

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

You may be affected by the loss of Android hardware acceleration in the app. If so, you have 3 options:

1. Join the Beta group to test the possible fix that’s in there now
  1. Wait until the Beta app becomes the production version.

2. Downgrade to V2.4.82, the last version that had hardware acceleration

If you want to downgrade now, here is the process:

• Uninstall your current app before installing the older one.

• Enable the hardware video decoding option after installation.

• Turn off automatic app updates to prevent upgrades to the app.

You can find V2.4.82 here:

1 Like

Thank you again. Do you have an estimate for the release of the
next version?

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

there really is no timeline for releasing the Beta into production. its all based on what bugs or issues are found. so Far it seems to be going pretty good, but there is no way I could give you an idea of a time frame for release.

1 Like