"live view not supported" Amazon Echo

Thank You.

When you ask Alexa to show you the Camera what response do you get?

Does it show you the Wyze loading Page then say Hmmm Camera isn’t responding?

Yes it does. also the Alexa app says i may need to upgrade my wyze plan.

This I believe is for person detection… If you are not a Cam Plus user Alexa will give you that message, but… there is a new Cam plus Lite option that I believe will give you person detection on the Wyze Cam outdoor. If you have not enrolled for that yet I would highly suggest it. @gyzmo put together a nice step by step on how to enroll if you wanna check it out. Cam Plus lite non functional - #3 by gyzmo

More Cam Plus Lite info here

Still looking at the WCO on Alexa item.

1 Like

I think Wyze is just trying to make money off of the users. All I see is 1.99 per month or per week. I am really tired of these cameras and I only had them for two days. They don’t work as advertised. Clearly says compatible with Alexa. They are not. Sending them back as a POS if I cant get anything going with them today.

You can enter a custom price of 0.

In full transparency. I too am having an issue calling up my WCO devices on Alexa and have talked with other users and they are seeing this as well.

I have executed a number of troubleshooting tasks to no resolve.
I am still poking but I honestly feel as if this is an Amazon issue. All of my Alexa devices have been funky since their outages.

I will update if I have any change in functionality.

Huh, just tried and now I can’t bring up any of mine with Alexa “show me” commands. They were all working a few days ago.

@WildBill

I had the same issue. I have 2x V2 and 2x V3 cams. Only 1 cam said “live view not supported” which was a V3. I simply disabled the Wyze skill in the Alexa app, then re-enabled and linked my wyze account. Done. All is good and all cameras working as should on Alexa app.

First of all, all wyze cams work with Alexa App, Alexa Fire TVs and Echo Dots and Echo. I have 4 wyze cams. 2x V2 and 2x V3.

First off, the full Cam Plus is useless. I highly suggest getting the Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy) for a ‘name your price’ which will include ALL your cams. I’m paying $1 per month. That’s .25cents a cam. With this I get PERSON DETECTION. you must have this in order to have your Alexa Echos and Shows announce “Person detected at cam”. Works great.

Once subscribed on the Cam Plus Lite, add Wyze skill on Alexa App, go into settings and enable announcements and choose what devices you want announcements to play on.

It’s easy. So easy in fact, a useless tech moron like myself can do it.

My WCOs are now showing a live feed on my Alexa compatible devices (Amazon Show devices and Fire Sticks)

They still show as “Live View Not Supported” in the Alexa App, but this has always been the case.

1 Like