Live stream freezes since latest update

@UserCustomerGwen

I have had the issue too:

Since last firmware update my cameras are really unstable, i have sumbited logs and opened case support with wyze, its been over 24 hours, no response yet.

2 Likes

This is definitely a firmware and app issue!
I’ll tag @WyzeGwendolyn, the @moderators, and the @Mavens. Hopefully someone can help us!

1 Like

@haddad_287, @grantlynn, and others. I’d use the phone number for Wyze support, you can get a faster response!
Wyze support phone number: tel:+1-844-999-3226

I already have a wyze support ticket. Im gnna give them a few days before i call

2 Likes

This problem started since last update. It occurs at least once a day. This is a really bad bug for live monitoring/viewing. It’s intermittent so might be difficult to reproduce for Wyze to get it fixed. Personally I think this is a high priority bug.

Thank you for your patience, everyone. I sent in a report to the dev side and included the logs that folks provided in the threads I’ve seen. If you send in a log for this, please let me know and I’ll add it to the ticket.

3 Likes

I have sent in logs multiple times over the last week @UserCustomerGwen

2 Likes

Hi, I just stumbled across this. I have the same issue for the last days/weeks. Motion triggered videos upload fine, local live stream connections are fine but remote live stream is unusable. I also have limited upstream bandwidth, so there are a number of commonalities here.

I have an old Android phone that I will fire up to check if I can test the app on that.

2 Likes

Confirmed, works perfectly fine on Android, unusuable on IOS. On IOS I cannot get any live footage, nor can I access the playback now. Completely useless unless fixed. Considering I have 12 cams, this is a big deal.

3 Likes

Thanks for the testing! Could you please send in a log through your iOS device and give me the log number?

1 Like

Just adding a couple more logs. Hope it helps.
22905 Android working normally on 3 cameras.
22906 IOS fails to connect on same 3 cameras.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the logs! :slight_smile:

People have been reporting this problem and sending logs for about a month.

Can you confirm if WYZE is planning to fix this?

Yes, I’ve been having the dev team look at the logs and we are aiming to resolve this for the folks that are experiencing it. So far they’ve been seeing repeated time outs in the logs I’ve sent them.

1 Like

Meaning WiFi network and/or cellular data interruptions? I presume they are figuring out how to make the app more resilient with something like more retries or better error correction? A lot of us are not in a position to improve the cellular data part of the equation.

I’m sorry, I don’t have more detail than that at this point.

As of today, we believe that we were able to figure out the root cause of this problem and we’re working to resolve it now! We’re pretty late in the 2.12 release cycle so I don’t know if it will be available in 2.12 but it is a priority.

Thanks for the help, everyone. It made a major difference! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the update. Looking forward to the fix.

1 Like

Installed beta 2.12.27(3).
No change.
Screenshot and log 29306 uploaded.

Downloaded the release version is the 2.12 app and all problems are corrected!

Thanks WYZE.